• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What is your go to app?

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times

What is your go to app?

What is your go to app that is not a browser or email? What's a little off the wall and what do you like that's the most productive?

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    File Explorer - Honestly I love the built in file explorer that comes with the Trive. Alhtough I use root explorer for some things I tend to use the file explorer for the majority of thigns I do. I love the native feel and its user friendly.

Thumbkeyboard: If you dont have it get it. Does not matter if you dont like the thumb keyboard style or not, you can change the layout. I like the standard keybaord in landscape, sit on lap and type like a keyboard, but in portrait i like the thumb keyboard so I can peck really quick with both hands. Its super customizable like for some reason you like your Q key over with there P key is, you can do that. Its smarter/better than the stock keyboard and the customizable features make it a MUST with a tablet. I am thinking of swaping out my current swiftx key on my phone for this app to just because of it.

Nook App for my books (this could be better but i dont like Aldiko)

Papercamera (picked this up during the 10cent sale, LOVE IT!)

Folder Organizer - this is not as good as the base cyanogenmod folders, but it works, and is worth the 99cent to organize my screen icons. I am looking forward to Ice Cream sandwitch to get that built in. I just like having all my games in a folder without having to make my screens crazy.

Jorte- Personally the best Calendar APP i think. It could be better for the tablet, but works for what I need on it, its great on my phone! Basically syncs all my devices including my Mac, so its great and keeps me organized. Once it gets optimized for tablets its going to be way better.

Beautiful Widgets - I like this clock alot, it looks weird in landscape mode, but the fact that I can resize it now is much better than it was before!

Tapatalk - Must have if you read alot of forums!

Movies- By flickster- I am a huge movie person and I can spend a few hours on this site just looking at movie previews.

I have yet to find a broswer that I like. The stock one is ok. They need google Crome for tablet or something. I hear the ICS stock browser is actually really nice.
    Last edited by BND10706; 12-20-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Keep thinking of things I use
    Current Devices
    Thrive Rooted running Vgeezy Smackedup v1.5 rom
    HTC HD2 with custom Andriod 4.0 ICS CM9

www.bndstudios.com

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Twitter
    LAWNKILLER1
    I don't know what is called (not near the TT ) but its a Drawing app, pretty cool. ok with your finger but a stylus would be better.

My wife is addicted to a Jeweled game.

I am addicted to angry birds

my son loves this tower robo defense game.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Bejeweled2 is my guilty pleasure when I can find the time to get out of Dolphin HD reading the posts in this forum.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by waynezat View Post
    What is your go to app that is not a browser or email? What's a little off the wall and what do you like that's the most productive?
    Good discussion!

AutoRecords - acar
    This app is awesome, does backup and restores, gas mileage for multiple vehicles, multiple types of fuel, keeps track of expenses, maintenance, WARNS of maintenance based on mileage. definitely a must-have. I generally use it on my phone but it WILL work on your tablet!

Maps + Navigation - Google Maps
    Honestly not much more needs to be said here, as long as you're on wifi there is no better app, especially paired with street view.

Social Networking - Facebook
    All the different iterations of Facebook, this one seems to be the most tablet-friendly but it still has major issues. Sorry Google Plus, but Facebook is way more intuitive to me, and easier to use (plus all my family/friends are still on it)

Soccer/Football news - Goal.com Mobile
    Goal.com came out with their news app for Android a while back, and the latest version works great for tablets, the news feed on the left, brings up stories on the right.

News Feeds - Pulse
    Great app that brings together feeds from a number of different sources, brings up a quick story when you click on it, even has its own built-in browser that loads on the right half if you bring up the full story, and closes the in-app browser when you're done.

Forums - Tapatalk
    Honestly great app but I think Thriveforums needs to incorporate some of the latest features. My time @ Tabletroms has made me realize that Tapatalk has included many features that ForumFoundry's Thriveforums.org just isn't taking advantage of on Tapatalk (like thanking posts, etc...) Its cool moderating a forum using Tapatalk, and they definitely made it easy, too!

Home Replacement - ADW Launcher Ex
    I have used many different Home Replacement Apps and I keep coming back to ADW Launcher Ex. I've been using ADW since Anderweb made it, and it was open source on my OG Droid The latest iteration is even more awesome, incorporating many elements from ICS (folder creation, homescreens), and he has definitely made it more tablet-friendly and phone-friendly all in one. It has long ago surpassed LauncherPro as the go-to recommended Home Replacement, especially for Honeycomb Tablets! I don't even think Go Launcher Ex comes close (although the extras that Go-Launcher has are nice, I also keep hearing their dev team is elitist, sort of like the snobs @ XDA).

Controls Widgets - Widgetsoid 2.x

I have yet to come across a more full-featured pack of widgets/controls that can do more stuff and be more customizeable than widgetsoid, and also free! You can pay to support the developer in a seperate donation app or you can just download the free version.

Ebooks - Amazon Kindle
    Say what you will, I honestly think that the Kindle ebook store contains the biggest library out of any of them, and they've recently made it more tablet-friendly to boot!

File Manager - File Manager HD / Root Explorer
    I have used Root Explorer to my hearts content on my phones and smaller tablets, and its root functions are beyond compare, but File Manager HD has root access (and although its root functions just aren't the same as Root Explorer), its user interface is awesome, comparing to Windows File Explorer. You can even set up custom bookmarks on the left (which I have done for my SD-Card and USB-Host drives)

Movies Info - Movies by Flixter
    Been using this app since my OG Droid days, really great app for getting the latest on upcoming movies and showtimes, including the Rotten Tomatoes Ratings.

Backups - Titanium Backup
    Nuff Said.

Magazines - Zinio
    I've purchased e-subscriptions to multiple magazines, although I find Zinio's controls frustrating. I've purchased subscriptions to Front and Playboy, for example, and Playboy won't show up on Zinio for Android, but for some annoying reason Front's NSFW version will show up on Zinio for Android....every 3rd month or so.

Games - List
    Here's a list of Games that REGULARLY steal my time

250+ Solitaire Collection
    Fieldrunners HD
    Angry Birds
    World of Goo
    Riptide GP
    KittenCannon
    3D Bowling
    Backgammon (A.I. Factory, great company that makes great simple games, much better than the Tegra2 Hardwood Backgammon, imho)
    Great Little War Game

Internet Radio - Pandora
    Best Internet Radio app I've found.
    Much better than apps like iHeartRadio, which listens on real radio feeds, Pandora gets data on actual music player files, and plays a playlist that's similar to the song/artist you searched for. There are "ads" that pop in every now and then but its only one ad then it goes back to playing music.
    Last edited by Bilgediver; 12-20-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgediver View Post
    Good discussion!

Maps + Navigation - Google Maps
    Honestly not much more needs to be said here, as long as you're on wifi there is no better app, especially paired with street view.
    To add to this. You can now Cache your maps in 10 mile incriments. This allows you to use maps/gps without Wifi if you dont mind the map data saved on your tablet. I just took the 30-40 mile area around my house and downloaded it. It works for basic gps but wont give you resturant data etc. There are plenty of off network navi you can pay for. but honestly not worth it. Get a GPS unit.
    Current Devices

www.bndstudios.com

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BND10706 View Post
    To add to this. You can now Cache your maps in 10 mile incriments. This allows you to use maps/gps without Wifi if you dont mind the map data saved on your tablet. I just took the 30-40 mile area around my house and downloaded it. It works for basic gps but wont give you resturant data etc. There are plenty of off network navi you can pay for. but honestly not worth it. Get a GPS unit.
    I agree, definitely helped when I Was in Singapore and trying to Navigate my way around off of WIFI. Although I used my phone for this its still the same app.
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -

tz1
    Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Google Reader - newsfeeds.
    AstroPlayer/AstroPlayer Nova - both, paid unlock. Listen to podcasts at 1.75x or similar. Can do folder to playlist and delete files from storage when I'm done.
    (Google) Navigation - I've a good sense of direction but am now spoiled. Maps for traffic. Waze.
    MX Video Player plus arm codecs - plays all video
    Freedi Youtube Download - Youtube downloader that can extract MP3 or store for offline.
    StarChart - where's mercury, venus, ...
    Amazon free app alert
    Winamp - plays streaming in the background and does .wav
    TuneIn Radio (Pro) - I can listen in to streaming radio from nearly anywhere, so long drives don't put me out of the area.
    BND10706 likes this.
    Is your iPad battery low? Here, just plug it into my Thrive...

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
    StarChart - where's mercury, venus, ...
    +1 for this app. This was great when I went camping
    Current Devices

www.bndstudios.com

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Added Pandora - Best Internet Radio app I've found.
    Much better than apps like iHeartRadio, which listens on real radio feeds, Pandora gets data on actual music player files, and plays a playlist that's similar to the song/artist you searched for. There are "ads" that pop in every now and then but its only one ad then it goes back to playing music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads