• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

the process com.google.process. gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force closed. WTF? I can't do anything without closing this box every two or three minutes. I can't find any info on it what is it and how do I stop it. I had to close it about ten times, just to type this.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRocco View Post
    Force closed. WTF? I can't do anything without closing this box every two or three minutes. I can't find any info on it what is it and how do I stop it. I had to close it about ten times, just to type this.
    Hopefully, you'll get more expert help; however, gapps relates to market apps (and maybe all google-g-apps) which could be vending, framework, and/or updater as well as gtalk, gmail, calendar etc. Do you get anything else with that message to indicate what app is the problem? If not, you can try clearing cache on all Market/Google related items. If this is a google account sync issue, you can try removing account and reinstating it. You could also try installing the latest Market.

EDIT: I just read that some devices have problems with stock browser bookmark sync which result on this error. Make sure browser cache is cleared just in case.
    Last edited by rhea; 12-04-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    If that does not work, go to settings ... accounts and synching .... gmail ..... uncheck those items you do not sync .... books, calendar, contacts, picasa web albums.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    909 times
    If rebooting doesn't solve the issue, try Settings - Applications - Manage applications - All - locate Google Framework Services, clear cache & data, then Force Stop.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks! I'll try that. I'm not getting anything but the box with that message in it. It did start when I tried reading some tutorials on and Autodesk site though, so I'll reinstall that Market thing and see if it will fix it. I just got this and I'm learning all sorts of things, but Wow, it sure eats a lot of time.

Ads