• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skyvi?

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Skyvi?

Anyone try using Skyvi on the TT? It works fine on my Droid X, but has no audio on the TT. Figured I'd save my self some time if it is known to not work. :-) All other audio functions are fine.

Chris

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Bump. Having heard no reply... Would anyone be willing to install it and test? I am still waiting to hear back from the dev, and it would be good to let dev know for certain that it doesn't work.

P.S. Running rooted OOM 3.2. Perhaps another 3.2 compatibility issue?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Go into settings>Language & Input>Text to Speech Settings and Install voice data. Once the voice data is installed you will be able to hear audio.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    I got it working over here, but no root or anything for that matter....
    gadget fanatic, and a thriveforums super mod.

Have a problem THRiVE Related? Check out the ThriveForums Official THRiVE FAQ's

Afraid of getting in trouble? New Member? Read OUR GUIDELINES

my_devices: Android: Toshiba Thrive (not rooted, stock 3.2), Kindle Fire (not rooted, stock), Sony S1 (not rooted, stock), SE Xperia PLAY (not rooted, Android 2.3 w/ QQLauncher Pro) iOS/Other: 2goPad Windows OS Tablet, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 1, iPod touch 1G/4G

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    That works (the TTS settings). Not sure why that wasn't already on either by default or since I had already installed a TTS engine. Thanks to both of you!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Out of eight questions, it got two right. It's off the unit.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Skyvi was working great on mine until I received
    an upgrade notice today. The Market would not upgrade my tablet and the application dissapeared from the Market. It upgraded ok on my phone. It seems they don't want it on your tablet.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Same here. Phone updated tablet didn't. ...and you have to love that the old version refuses to open and just pops up a "needs update" screen. Looking at the comments in the market, all tablets lost suport. If I get board today, maybe I will restore the new phone version from a Titanium Backup and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilled View Post
    Skyvi was working great on mine until I received
    an upgrade notice today. The Market would not upgrade my tablet and the application dissapeared from the Market. It upgraded ok on my phone. It seems they don't want it on your tablet.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by batfish View Post
    Go into settings>Language & Input>Text to Speech Settings and Install voice data. Once the voice data is installed you will be able to hear audio.
    Hey batfish- I tried skyvi but could'nt get it to work right. I uninstalled but would like to try it again. When I go to the settings you mentioned the install voice data is greyed out. Does this mean it already installed?
    Toshiba Thrive 32gb- DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    HTC Hero Rooted Cyanogen 7

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Daisy - Yes, the install voice greys out after it has been done. As far as installing it again, see my last post. It is no longer compatible with tablets so won't show in Market.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy192 View Post
    Hey batfish- I tried skyvi but could'nt get it to work right. I uninstalled but would like to try it again. When I go to the settings you mentioned the install voice data is greyed out. Does this mean it already installed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads