• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Tethering Question - EasyTether, Droid Incredible

I'm eyeballing the Thrive, but I want a tablet that I can tether to with my HTC Droid Incredible. I've been using EasyTether Pro to connect my laptop, but the laptop is nearing its end and I'm looking to finally get a tablet.

Does anyone know if/how I might be able to connect my Incredible to the Thrive via USB and provide internet to the Thrive when I'm not in Wifi range? My job OFTEN leaves me out of range of Wifi networks.

Thanks so much!

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have the HTC Incredible and I am using pdanet tablet app on both my phone and my thrive tablet. It works very well.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Incredible, rooted; Thrive, rooted. I can tether using WiFi Tether. Unfortunately, I gave my Incredible to my husband after I got my Droid Bionic. It's rooted, but haven't been able to tether yet. I may have to grab the Incredible back, since I work in rural areas where there's no wireless access.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeamred View Post
    I have the HTC Incredible and I am using pdanet tablet app on both my phone and my thrive tablet. It works very well.
    pdanet tablet is not working on my Incredible. It hooked once an despite dozens of reattempts and unistall/reinstalls it refuses to work.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    With PDAnet, be sure to configure TCP/IP settings correctly or it wont work. Clear the settings to default every time or wifi wont work. The application, while it is a tethering solution, is very slow and unreliable. The best tethering experience you are going to get is with a rooted solution such as barnacle wifi tethering or wifi tethering for rooted phones. I use the latter as its interface is a lot cleaner. Hope this helps you out.

With PSA Net, make sure the tablet version is ON BOTH devices. The for tablets is incompatable with all other versions of PDA Net.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I know pdnet is slow,but its still a beta app. barnacle is solid,but I have yet to root my incredible. I say give pdanet some time and they will have this problem fixed

Remove Ads

Ads