• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket Streaming App - Choppy and Lagging

Recently got Thrive AT100 and have NFL Sunday Ticket through Driect TV, I have the app loaded and when tried to watch games the steaming quality was poor and very choppy with slow feed when linked via wireless tether on HTC Sensation. Then conected through USB on Sensation and did not recognize the unit through USB port. Went to the house and linked then through Wi-Fi on internet provider and quality was the same - very choppy and slow response.

Purchase date - 10/3/11

Is there an app/update of SW or anything that I can do to correct this issue. And is there any app that will allow tethering if no sw update available.

Any response is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by epakrat75; 10-10-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: More specific title

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    405 times
    Welcome. I'm happy to try to assist you. It's unclear to me from me from your post. You have tried it on your HTC Sensation? If so, do the problem(s) go away when using the same app on the same network?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i only tried it with the sensation and my wifi at home. and the app is the same and the results are the same

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    405 times
    I think you misunderstood me or I misunderstood you. I read that you have already used the Sensation as the "modem" for the Thrive from your first post. That is not what I'm I talking about. I asked if you have installed / run the NFL app ON the HTC Sensation "itself" while connected to your same WiFi. What are the results? If you haven't done so, please do so any then post the results.

If you mean instead that you've only tried run the app on the HTC Sensation and haven't tried it on the Thrive at all (I don't think you'd be saying that though) then I'll just move this thread to "Off Topic" since it's not really about the Thrive then. It's not clear.
    Last edited by epakrat75; 10-10-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry I misunderstood, trust me I am really not this dumb lol. Yes I have the app on my sensation and i have used it on the same network as my thrive and it plays just fine. I also had a buddy of mine tether of the sensation with his galaxy cell phone with the same app and his worked fone. In short the cell phones streamed fine and the thrive struggled. Thank you for being patient with me I appreciate the help.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    I can't really answer your question as to why it plays good on your phone and not the tablet. I still think it is in the app because there are a lot of bad reviews on the market from other people. Some are even having problems with their phones. You might want to get with the people writing the app to see if they have some advice.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    405 times
    Just a guess, perhaps you're using the wrong one? DirectTV may not have filtered out the phone version from the market. I looked in the Android Web Market and found these apps...

Phone Version (for your Sensation): https://market.android.com/details?i...ectv.supercast

Trying uninstalling the NFL app you have on your Thrive now and install this one instead...

Tablet version (for your Thrive) - https://market.android.com/details?i...v.sundayticket

Take a look and tell me if that's a possibility? Using the phone version WILL lag on your tablet because it's not made for Android 3.x or optimized for the Tegra2 CPU / GPU while the Tablet one is.
    Last edited by epakrat75; 10-10-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think you may be on to something, you see my girlfriend got me the Thrive for my Birthday and she set everything up on it before giving it to me. I am going to give this a go and see if it works for next weeks games. Thank you for your help and I will keep you posted.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Your girlfriend rocks! LOL
    Phone: Sprint EVO 4G, Root, Synergy Rom
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive 16GB, ROOTED, ThriveDroid (3.2 Edition)

Ads