• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dolphin slow and clunky

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I think you have to try things and judge for yourself. We have different settings and different apps installed, all things that can change the experience. I listen to opinions and then try things for myself. Ultimately, only *I* know what I want my Thrive to do and how I want it to behave. Every user has to make that choice for him or her self. Dolphin was unbelievably slow for me. It might be GREAT for you. It's all good.

I like Maxthon, so far. It's free. If something better comes along, I'll just uninstall. As the Doctor once said, "It can't all be the relief of Mafeking, you know." LOL

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thestoryteller View Post
    I think you have to try things and judge for yourself. We have different settings and different apps installed, all things that can change the experience. I listen to opinions and then try things for myself. Ultimately, only *I* know what I want my Thrive to do and how I want it to behave. Every user has to make that choice for him or her self. Dolphin was unbelievably slow for me. It might be GREAT for you. It's all good.

I like Maxthon, so far. It's free. If something better comes along, I'll just uninstall. As the Doctor once said, "It can't all be the relief of Mafeking, you know." LOL
    Yeah true. I have to say after using dolphin HD, dolphin pad, opera andmaxathon, dolphin pad seems to be the best for me. I type fast and the lag is very minimal and in dolphin HD, it lags unbearably. Opera has zero lag so that's just as good for me. I guess everyones thrive is different.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Reading this topic, I keep wanting to call it Maxipad LOL instead of Maxathon. Dolphin HD is ok but I am leaning toward Maxathon now I like the button and symbol layout better. but still not sure.
    thestoryteller likes this.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Rofl!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    After trying all including maxthon I come back to dolphin hd.. Can't say its slow, works just fine. Love the addons and gestures.. have to admit maxthon looks better

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by docnar; 08-30-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Installed the maxthon for 10 inch.. impressive.. worth a try

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    907 times
    Back button in Dolphin HD? Try the stock Honeycomb back/return icon, works for me. Even better use gestures, that's what keeps me coming back to Dolphin HD, the gestures. Oh, then there are the plugins & the bookmark folders just to begin to sweeten the pot. Honestly, I think Dolphin is the Android Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by kettlecorn View Post
    Really?? Damn I downloaded both but got rid of Dolphin HD because it's not Honeycomb optimized. Well its very compatible with Honeycomb but it doesnt have the back button and a few other full screen settings. I think Dolphin Pad works well for me. It closes out of nowhere sometimes randomly when I tried downloading something and it is less stable but I really like it.

Maxathon is also good.

Ads