• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

TWC TV installation on a rooted Thrive AT100

How do you make the TWC TV work on the rooted Toshiba Thrive AT100 device? Time Warner indicates that it will not work on a rooted device; however from what I see there are workarounds for it to work.

I saw a couple of vids on You Tube but they are old. I need something for it to work with an updated Time Warner Cable TV app.

Thanks a bunch!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    You can try temporarily unrooting. Superuser should have a button for temporary unroot, or you can try an app like OTA Rootkeeper. Be careful if you download it. I see it's no longer available from Google Play, so you'd have to download the APK from somewhere.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi.

Nope tried to temporary unroot it using superuser and it still doesn't work. TWC TV starts t load and bombs out. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    BTW Is there anything else that I can do, to make my Thrive better? Thanks again!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Was this one of the videos you tried?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww8eTzXbJSY

Maximizing performance is like with any other Android device. You never need to defrag flash memory, but you should periodically run apps like CCleaner and SD Maid to clean out file buildup. Every 6-12 months it's a good idea to make backups and clean-flash the device so it's like new. In daily use, devices like the Thrive with limited RAM can benefit from apps like Fast Reboot, which clears out all processes and restart only basic ones. Ordinarily you don't want or need to use those apps. It can in fact consume excess battery life for Android to reload data that was already in memory. But sometimes I run a memory-intensive app that works better if I run Fast Reboot first.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Was this one of the videos you tried?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww8eTzXbJSY

Maximizing performance is like with any other Android device. You never need to defrag flash memory, but you should periodically run apps like CCleaner and SD Maid to clean out file buildup. Every 6-12 months it's a good idea to make backups and clean-flash the device so it's like new. In daily use, devices like the Thrive with limited RAM can benefit from apps like Fast Reboot, which clears out all processes and restart only basic ones. Ordinarily you don't want or need to use those apps. It can in fact consume excess battery life for Android to reload data that was already in memory. But sometimes I run a memory-intensive app that works better if I run Fast Reboot first.
    Yes I did try this by using the video. It still didn't work. But he used a different root program than what is in the playstore now. Also I am sure that TWC updated their software so maybe have to use something else? Don't know! So any more suggestions?

Thanks!

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb29456 View Post
    Yes I did try this by using the video. It still didn't work. But he used a different root program than what is in the playstore now. Also I am sure that TWC updated their software so maybe have to use something else? Don't know! So any more suggestions?

Thanks!
    You can always go back to an unrooted rom.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zires View Post
    You can always go back to an unrooted rom.

How do you go back to an unrooted Thrive?

I do not know much about workings of the Thrive.

I need step by step if possible.

Thanks a bunch!

Mike

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb29456 View Post
    How do you go back to an unrooted Thrive?

I do not know much about workings of the Thrive.

I need step by step if possible.

Thanks a bunch!

Mike
    [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    I'm a little late to the party, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in. I have a rooted Thrive, and had no idea I couldn't install the TWC app. So I installed it, and it works fine.
    Keepin' my Thrive Alive: DalePL's Rooted ICS 4.0.4 with Pio's Melchoir 2.4 kernel
    (16GB 10" Thrive; AnTuTu score 7815)

Remove Ads

Ads