• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By offsideyo
  • 1 Post By panda
  • 1 Post By waynezat
  • 1 Post By offsideyo

Thread: Alternative to stock browser at100?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Alternative to stock browser at100?

hi,trying to set up my thrive with certain apps. Very strange,seems as the stock browser compared to others works best,tried several,opera for android,firefox,uc browser hd and they all are sluggish and seems to be heavy on the system..non rooted thrive with I CS. Any ideas?
    TheMadrath likes this.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    The stock browser has been rated pretty high in performance, but there's a big security hole that could allow a third party to grab all your web content, including cookies:

Android Browser Same Origin Policy Bypass < 4.4 - CVE-2014-6041 | Learn How To Hack - Ethical Hacking and security tips

I've been using Opera and have been quite pleased with its performance. If you're running Toshiba's version of ICS, it could explain an overall system sluggishness. If you don't mind backing up personal files, I'd even suggest running the universal root tool, which roots and also unlocks the bootloader, then flashing dalepl's version of Toshiba's ICS that is a lot more stable.
    TheMadrath likes this.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your input. Will consider it for sure.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Have been running Dolphin on a number of units for several years and generally always go back after a while on anything else. Had a few problems when they have come out with a new version but generally cleared up after a few weeks.
    TheMadrath likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes, I'm running Toshibas ICS . Well, I restored to original ICS through settings, restore, reboot. Reinstalled apps and wise by others info avoiding task killers... I did reinstall Clean Master but this time I use it only for cpu check and junk remover. Also installed appmgr pro I I I and freezed /hide some non essentials apps. Then went for the newest Firefox and now finally my thrive feels pretty good! Okey, tempted to root and install dalepl's rom version, but for the time beeing pretty satisfied! :-)
    TheMadrath likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads