• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Navigate app disappeared

As prompted by Toshiba I uploaded the new Android 4.0.4 operating system and it eliminated the navigation app. How do I get that back???

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    The PlayStore?
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Technically, the OS update did not remove the Navigation app. It's still integrated in Google Maps, where it has always been. However, Google removed the shortcut in their Maps updates.

You can get a 3rd party app to provide the direct shortcut to Navigation. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...unchnavigation
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, I got the Navigation button from the App Store, yet it is not the same Navigation I used to have, which opened with a speak or type destination screen: then gave voice and turn by turn directions: functioned as a GPS...this is different and can;t find my starting point even though Maps recognizes that address as home? Anyway I'll try it some more and see what happens.

Thanks again for the reply!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhite View Post
    Thanks, I got the Navigation button from the App Store, yet it is not the same Navigation I used to have, which opened with a speak or type destination screen: then gave voice and turn by turn directions: functioned as a GPS...this is different and can;t find my starting point even though Maps recognizes that address as home? Anyway I'll try it some more and see what happens.

Thanks again for the reply!!
    Hi, thwhite. If you're using the Navigation shortcut app that mcarver2000 posted, open it, tap "choose destination," then you can tap the Mike to speak it, type it in, or choose from a list of your prior destinations.
    Tap the route you want to use, then the "start" button and that will start your turn by turn voice navigation.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    oops, forgot to add. If it's really not giving your current location as the starting point when you do the above, the guys will have to give you advice about how to get a GPS lock. I've never had it not locate me
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Remove Ads

Ads