• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SHADO

Thread: is there an app that works just like MXtube for ipad ?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

is there an app that works just like MXtube for ipad ?

I am looking for an app that allow me to download videos to be watched later offline I just wanted to be as close to Ipad's Mxtube as possible. any ideas guys?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    I use TubeMate.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    I use TubeMate.
    Every time I try to use it, I get "download unsuccessful". Wonder what my issue is...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Is "Download unsuccessful" an error from the Android App Store?
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried Tubemate in the search but what comes back is actually "Tubemote" which is something totally different. most downloaders dont work with youtube thats why I am wondering how do I do to watch youtube videos at times that there is no internet connection? I can do it easily in my daughters mini ipad. I thought that maybe android has an equivalent or maybe a workaround.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Is "Download unsuccessful" an error from the Android App Store?
    No, have downloaded and installed it. Says that when I try downloading a video from youtube.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos36 View Post
    I tried Tubemate in the search but what comes back is actually "Tubemote" which is something totally different. most downloaders dont work with youtube thats why I am wondering how do I do to watch youtube videos at times that there is no internet connection? I can do it easily in my daughters mini ipad. I thought that maybe android has an equivalent or maybe a workaround.
    Just click on the link in mcarver2000's post. Took me directly to it (it is actually "Tube Mate").

EDIT: From the 2 reviews in the appstore about it, it sounds like the official app has been replaced with a bogus one. Says to get it from the official site instead: tubemate.net

EDIT: Tried downloading the app from the supposed official site, but the download failed.
    Last edited by SHADO; 10-12-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    Carlos36 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Since YouTube is Google and via versa, you won't find TubeMate in the Google Play Store. The link I posted is to what was the official version in the Amazon App Store. There is a bogus version in the Amazon App Store (same icon, but it's called TubeMate Pro).

This is odd, as none of the downloads work from the links at the vendor's web site for the app.

Might try checking out YouTube Downloader
    Last edited by mcarver2000; 10-13-2014 at 07:39 AM.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you Mcarver2000 I got it and so far its working good. you solved my problem.

Remove Ads

Ads