• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DoubleDAZ
  • 1 Post By DoubleDAZ

Thread: Darn! New TiVo App......

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times

Darn! New TiVo App......

doesn't work with the Thrive to watch recordings over wifi like it does with my RazR HD phone and 7" Samsung tablet. It's supposed to work with 4.1, but the Thrive isn't supported for some reason. I side-loaded it and all other features work, but not the streaming. I sent them an email to see if root was the problem, but I don't think so. The Play Store doesn't know the Thrive is rooted and says it's not compatible. Would have been nice to connect the Thrive to TVs in motels to watch recordings on our trips.

FWIW, we're down to 120 recordings to catch up on after our trip and that was whittled down from 201. We got home Wednesday and recordings have been going pretty much non-stop during the day since. Right now it's the last of 3 episodes of Pioneer Woman and then 5 episodes of Trisha's Southern Kitchen for Jeanette. After that it's all dramas and there are more being added every nigh now that the fall season is in full swing. We certainly won't be at a loss for something to watch for awhile.
    rosalie likes this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hi, Dave! LOL, yeah you guys won't be at a loss for something to watch, that's for sure
    Sorry that I don't know anything about TiVo but I hope the dev can suggest something to make it work. Or maybe another member has experience with it.
    Hi to Ms. J
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Not worried about it Rosalie, just letting others know about the problem. The app works great on the phone and 7" Sammy. Now when I take Delaney to McDonald's to let her play, I can take the 7" along and watch a recording if I want. It just dawned on me that I can watch Live TV too because the TiVo automatically starts a recording for whatever I select and streams that.
    rosalie likes this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Remove Ads

Ads