• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By danvee

Thread: Google Play Store not recognizing Toshiba Thrive as device.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Google Play Store not recognizing Toshiba Thrive as device.

My Toshiba Thrive AT105/32 is no longer recognized by Google Play Store as a valid device. My tablet shows all of my system software is current and above the theoretical levels needed to be acceptable to Play Store. According to Google support the Thrive is not in the list of compatible devices for the current version. As a result the Play Store shows all of my apps as non-compatible even the ones that are installed and running fine. The real problem is that I can no longer download new apps, like DragonCon 2014. Does anyone have a suggestion?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Hi, welcome to the forum. Which ROM are you running, and what is the exact error message? Is it that the device is not compatible and you can't download any apps, or that your current ROM is not compatible with some apps?
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have a rooted original AT-100 running DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76.01.000072314 –Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0. I just logged into the Play Store and my Thrive was recognized along with notifying me that 5 of my installed apps had updates available. Without further info, I am not sure why your tablet is not being recognized by the Play Store.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

same issue..

i have the exact same problem as the original poster. i can see no software available for download. when i try to go to games/apps in google play i generally crash. i can see my apps installed on other devices from my google account, but they all say not compatible with my device... help plz!!!!

thrive at105 android 4.0.4.01.000072314

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Try clearing cache and data for the PlayStore, reboot, then try again.
    You'll need to enter info again.
    Otherwise, do the above, delete your Gmail account, reboot, then sign in again, sign in to the PlayStore again.
    rosalie likes this.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Remove Ads

Ads