• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Dish Anywhere on Thrive Problem

I did find an old thread on a similar subject, but hope it's OK to start one that is different but related.

I have a Dish Slingplayer connected to my Dish 722K Receiver. I can play everything on my Samsung Phone and PC. However, with the Thrive I cannot get On Demand Premium Channels, as the System does not seem to recognize the Thrive as registered. However all Channels, including Premium ones play perfectly, as do all recorded programs. Google Play sees the Thrive as an At100.

Some months ago, dalepl 'rescued' my Thrive after it mysteriously crashed with stock ICS on it. As far as I remember Dish worked oK at this time and after Dale did his magic. I then rooted and upgraded to dalepl's build IMM76D.01.000072314 (DaleNetDeOdexed Rooted). Everything works really well now with crashes a thing of the past. I am wondering however if there is something in this build that is causing Dish to not recognize the Thrive. It does not seem to be a problem of copy protection as the live and recorded premium programs work OK. Dish told me they have a problem recognizing some tablets and say they will look into it.

I would appreciate any feedback, or the experience of any others, that may have a similar setup.

Any suggestions would still be appreciated
    Last edited by drofli; 10-03-2013 at 10:04 AM.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been looking and came across an app 'build.prop.Editor'. This looks like it will allow me to change the name, model number etc. and see if this helps. Dish anywhere recognizes my PC, laptop and my wife's Samsung 7" tablet.It's just that it doesn't recognize the Thrive.
    Before I try this however, does anyone have any experience with this app and any problems changing things might have?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    No experience with the app, but any text editor can do the job.
    Always make a copy of the build.prop file before messing with it, as it can cause the tablet to not boot.
    Also do a nandroid or 2 just in case.

Examples of results of corrupted/incorrect build.prop files:

https://www.google.com/search?redir_...46548&devloc=0

Worst case is that you'll need to restore the nandroid.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I know it's been years, but was this ever resolved? I'm playing around with an old Thrive and found this thread.

Remove Ads

Ads