• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times

Paragon NTFS & HFS+ for Android - Free

Here's a longer description from this well known company
    7 reasons to use latest Paragon NTFS & HFS+ for Android | Paragon Software Blog Disaster Recovery, System Virtualization & Embedded Platforms Technologies

It mounts my external drive in a directory sdcard/ParagonNTFS, second drive was in ParagonNTFS_1, so they won't collide, nice, IMO.
    It reads files nicely - pictures, music, videos, text files. It's visible in File manager HD and RootExplorer, I forgot to check Ghost, but I'm sure it will be seen there as well.
    Like vgeezy's NTFS app here (see sticky above), it has trouble unmounting one of my drives, but had no problems with another.
    I didn't write anything to the drive so yanking out the cord should be ok, and according to point 4 in their description, it might be ok, but I'm not convinced yet

After pulling the plug on the first drive which refused to unmount (error 16), I plugged in another, but Paragon still remembered the first drive, then the unmount button worked, and I clicked to mount the second drive.
    I will contact Paragon about it after I transfer a screenshot or two out of my Thrive.

Bottom line at this point - the drive is undamaged. The Thrive is undamaged. I think we'll have a winner.
    Last edited by ttmoo; 10-10-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmoo View Post
    Here's a longer description from this well known company
    7 reasons to use latest Paragon NTFS & HFS+ for Android | Paragon Software Blog Disaster Recovery, System Virtualization & Embedded Platforms Technologies

It mounts my external drive in a directory sdcard/ParagonNTFS, second drive was in ParagonNTFS_1, so they won't collide, nice, IMO.
    It reads files nicely - pictures, music, videos, text files. It's visible in File manager HD and RootExplorer, I forgot to check Ghost, but I'm sure it will be seen there as well.
    Like vgeezy's NTFS app here (see sticky above), it has trouble unmounting one of my drives, but had no problems with another.
    I didn't write anything to the drive so yanking out the cord should be ok, and according to point 4 in their description, it might be ok, but I'm not convinced yet

After pulling the plug on the first drive which refused to unmount (error 16), I plugged in another, but Paragon still remembered the first drive, then the unmount button worked, and I clicked to mount the second drive.
    I will contact Paragon about it after I transfer a screenshot or two out of my Thrive.

Bottom line at this point - the drive is undamaged. The Thrive is undamaged. I think we'll have a winner.
    I stumbled on the app accidentally, and decided to give it a go. I plugged in a 1TB portable drive (which I was told "shouldn't" work since it doesn't have a dedicated power supply, and
    relies 100% on the USB port). It worked fine with mp3 music, haven't tested it with any videos yet, but those are hit and miss depending on the speed of the media in question anyway.
    I encountered the error 16 while trying to unmount as well, so I'd be curious if they ever answered you on that. I think the cause in my case was that I paused the song I was playing but never terminated the audio app (Forgot I had paused it). I'm thinking that if the audio player had unlocked the file then the program could have unmounted the drive. I'll test it again later, but right now I'm getting ready to wipe the tablet and put a new rom and kernel on it.

If you heard back I'd be interested in what they said, but I'll just assume that the error was caused by my mistake, since I never saw any similar errors with other mount techniques I've used in the past (pre android 4.0.x)

Other than that, the app seems to mount NTFS relatively bug-free. I'll assume it works equally well with HFS+, but I don't have a mac to test.
    ----- If it's not modded, it must not be mine -----
    HTC Hero CDMA / CM7
    HTC Hero CDMA / NFX Stock (Modified)
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus / BlackICE #39
    Toshiba Thrive 16G / Rooted OOM
    Toshiba Thrive 16G / HoneyBaked 1.3
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 / Rooted

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Oct.10 I sent them few screen shots and a link to this thread. No, they did not reply.
    My error looked like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    I worked with this company on getting my droid razor maxx to work with the lapdock. I had no problems with it on the Thrive until I went from ICS to the CM10 ROMS. It would not work so I went back to this program. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tcherotg&hl=en

It started working again when I was on the U3 rom. I have not tried it on U5, so I can't tell you if it works with it or not. Give it a try and see what happens.
    Happy Thrive user running CM10 Jellybean.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Oaklands,
    Were you getting that unmount error16 when you say "it" wasn't working?
    What are U3 and U5 roms? Do those apply to me? - see my sig
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

Re: Paragon NTFS & HFS+ for Android - Free

Quote Originally Posted by ttmoo View Post
    Oaklands,
    Were you getting that unmount error16 when you say "it" wasn't working?
    What are U3 and U5 roms? Do those apply to me? - see my sig
    U# signifies a unified cm10 release, just so you know for later :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times

Re: Paragon NTFS & HFS+ for Android - Free

I believe that was the error message.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    Happy Thrive user running CM10 Jellybean.

Remove Ads

Ads