• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: XBMC for Android

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmittler View Post
    @JiveTurkey: I think that I have some hunch, as to why you might be having trouble installing Free Cable. At least, this was an early hurdle for me. You probably already know that you need to install this add-on: http://bluecop-xbmc-repo.googlecode....mc-plugins.zip . After I had installed this add-on myself, my next problem is that I could not find it. And that is because it does not, for example, put an entry under Programs as Navi-X did. What this add-on does, is install an additional repository, from which more add-ons can be installed.

Thus, through System you can get to a window which says 'Install Add-On From Zip File', but within the same window there is also just an earlier entry which states 'Get Add-Ons' or something like that. Normally if you click on that, you'd only see the 'XBMC.com' entry there, which is your default repository (for use with XBMC). But if you have the add-on above installed correctly, you should see another repository there ('Bluecop...'), from which you can install add-ons. And so then, if you can find the sub-menu, you'll see "Free Cable", but you'll also see "Amazon", "Hulu" etc..

The thing to remember, is that what you do with XBMC is going to remain safe and legal, as long as you use the default plug-in repo from the XBMC devs. As soon as you add another repository to install things from, the guarantee from XBMC.com no longer applies, that everything is safe to install. But what the heck, I took the risk this one time, and it seems to have worked out for me.

Dirk

P.S. It's kind of like adding a non-standard repository to 'apt-get' under Linux. In general that breaks some of the safety of Linux. But at times we just give in to the temptation for installing something special.
    Actually I didn't wait long enough like you did and didn't see any status of downloading and I stopped it too early. I should have waited like you did

TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

2. Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Ads