• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: XBMC for Android

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    I don't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by billpenny78 View Post
    this is a bit unrelated, but I just got the xbmc remote app for android, it it works like a champ! so impressed with the outcome as I have a roku box and the remote app for that pretty much blows. turning the device sideways will give a bunch more options too.
    sweet deal.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2
    I've toyed with the XBMC Remote app on my Thrive and it works well. You can search movies on it and controls my home theater system well. I don't use it though, I prefer more traditional with my Logitech Harmony remote that also controls the stereo and projector.
    Check out my custom ROM: Favum ICS Version 2.0
    If you're feeling generous, I'm taking
    donations.

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    bill_penny
    Quote Originally Posted by xm41907 View Post
    ...You can search movies on it and controls my home theater system well.
    xm, did you mean searching over all of the installed plugins, or individual search function in each of the corresponding plugins?

sounds like "sky cake" being able to search for titles, actors & directors across multiple installed apps.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2
    TOSHIBA Thrive - {DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM - ICS 4.0.4}
    LG Optimus Elite - Virgin Mobile
    Samsung Vitality - Cricket {DEAD} - Huawei Ideos U8150 (T-Mobile Comet) {DEAD}

"God bless the light that shatters the clouded mind"

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    I don't use it.
    Meaning Yue can search the library from your phone/tablet. I don't believe the remote app is as tied in on addons, although I never really tested it, so don't quote me on that part.
    Check out my custom ROM: Favum ICS Version 2.0
    If you're feeling generous, I'm taking
    donations.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    does anyone know how to change from celsius to faranheit in the weather part of xbmc ? also has anyone had trouble setting the location in weather ?

From my ICS by dalepl, Themed by t1nk Thrive
    32gb Thrive
    Dalepl's IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by remotehugger View Post
    does anyone know how to change from celsius to faranheit in the weather part of xbmc ? also has anyone had trouble setting the location in weather ?

I just found this XBMC wiki page, which answers your question plus lots more.

XBMC

You go into Settings>Appearance>International and select your region.
    rosalie and jbeige like this.
    You can't survive if you don't Thrive!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise23 View Post
    I just found this XBMC wiki page, which answers your question plus lots more.

XBMC

You go into Settings>Appearance>International and select your region.

Thanks for the wiki link, Louise
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    thank you - great link !

32gb Thrive
    Dalepl's IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have a question about "XBMC". I just followed the forum advice on installing the non-neon version of it, and also decided to install the Free Cable script, by way of the "bluecop..." repository. But, for any program that I select within Free Cable, I get a "Script Fail" error message.

I've wondered about whether this could be an issue with me living in Canada. But in reality, I've also installed XBMC on my Windows 7 PC, and all the Free Cable videos play. Therefore it has nothing to do with me living in Canada. And I installed both scripts from the same source files.

Do you have any advice for me, to get Free Cable to work on the Toshiba AT100?

Dirk

Edit: I've found the solution myself. Apparently, when we install Free Cable from the Bluecop repository, it takes quite a while to download, with no progress bar for downloading this script. And last night, both once on my PC, and again on my tablet, I mistook this for an unresponsive action. Hence, if we interrupt that process and restart it repeatedly within the same session - then we can mess up the real process of installing it. This happened to me on my Thrive, but not on my PC.

And so for me the solution was to uninstall the Free Cable script, and to go through that repository again to reinstall it, and to give it time to finish this once.

Working!

Dirk
    Last edited by dirkmittler; 10-13-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmittler View Post
    I have a question about "XBMC". I just followed the forum advice on installing the non-neon version of it, and also decided to install the Free Cable script, by way of the "bluecop..." repository. But, for any program that I select within Free Cable, I get a "Script Fail" error message.

I've wondered about whether this could be an issue with me living in Canada. But in reality, I've also installed XBMC on my Windows 7 PC, and all the Free Cable videos play. Therefore it has nothing to do with me living in Canada. And I installed both scripts from the same source files.

Do you have any advice for me, to get Free Cable to work on the Toshiba AT100?

Dirk

Edit: I've found the solution myself. Apparently, when we install Free Cable from the Bluecop repository, it takes quite a while to download, with no progress bar for downloading this script. And last night, both once on my PC, and again on my tablet, I mistook this for an unresponsive action. Hence, if we interrupt that process and restart it repeatedly within the same session - then we can mess up the real process of installing it. This happened to me on my Thrive, but not on my PC.

And so for me the solution was to uninstall the Free Cable script, and to go through that repository again to reinstall it, and to give it time to finish this once.

Working!

Dirk
    Thanks for posting your update. I will try again because I gave up trying to install free cable last week.

TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    @JiveTurkey: I think that I have some hunch, as to why you might be having trouble installing Free Cable. At least, this was an early hurdle for me. You probably already know that you need to install this add-on: http://bluecop-xbmc-repo.googlecode....mc-plugins.zip . After I had installed this add-on myself, my next problem is that I could not find it. And that is because it does not, for example, put an entry under Programs as Navi-X did. What this add-on does, is install an additional repository, from which more add-ons can be installed.

Thus, through System you can get to a window which says 'Install Add-On From Zip File', but within the same window there is also just an earlier entry which states 'Get Add-Ons' or something like that. Normally if you click on that, you'd only see the 'XBMC.com' entry there, which is your default repository (for use with XBMC). But if you have the add-on above installed correctly, you should see another repository there ('Bluecop...'), from which you can install add-ons. And so then, if you can find the sub-menu, you'll see "Free Cable", but you'll also see "Amazon", "Hulu" etc..

The thing to remember, is that what you do with XBMC is going to remain safe and legal, as long as you use the default plug-in repo from the XBMC devs. As soon as you add another repository to install things from, the guarantee from XBMC.com no longer applies, that everything is safe to install. But what the heck, I took the risk this one time, and it seems to have worked out for me.

Dirk

P.S. It's kind of like adding a non-standard repository to 'apt-get' under Linux. In general that breaks some of the safety of Linux. But at times we just give in to the temptation for installing something special.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads