• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: XBMC for Android

  1. #21
    Developer

    Member #
    3415
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    740
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    I don't use it.
    XBMC on Android is a perk, but really the best way to use it is through a full computer. You can use an Apple TV decently, but it's not going to run many of the skins or programs. I'm using an embedded linux version called Openelec. It boots quickly and works fairly well. I'm planning on building a new home theater computer capable of gaming, and will probably switch back to the Windows version, just so I can access games and such.
    Check out my custom ROM: Favum ICS Version 2.0
    If you're feeling generous, I'm taking
    donations.





  2. Ads


  3. #22
    Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    11298
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Posts
    503
    Liked
    67 times
    I'll never figure out why I download and install things such as this, when I realize afterwards that I have no clue how to use them, or even what their exact purpose is, LOL...
    SteveCampsOut likes this.

  4. #23
    Thrive Tech
    Member #
    13388
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,173
    Liked
    283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xm41907 View Post
    XBMC on Android is a perk, but really the best way to use it is through a full computer. You can use an Apple TV decently, but it's not going to run many of the skins or programs. I'm using an embedded linux version called Openelec. It boots quickly and works fairly well. I'm planning on building a new home theater computer capable of gaming, and will probably switch back to the Windows version, just so I can access games and such.
    I get that it's a perk but for the basic task of running XBMC what do you need? Just a laptop/pc? Then, how do you play it on the TV? Is there more hardware that you need to buy? Or do you just hook the laptop to the TV?

    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

    Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

  5. #24
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    5194
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Perris, CA
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    bill_penny
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekElensar View Post
    I'm picturing billpenny's response behind his Thrive whie reading your comment danvee, and all I can picture is a face full of joyous glee and giddyness haha.
    well sir, I won't lie...lately I've been so smitten with technology, my wallet and my wife are suffering for it.
    Just picked up 2 8gb micro SD cards, and a SD card reader, and total was leas than $15, but that and the play store are running me into the ground. how do y'all do it?

    Sent from my Toshiba Thrive (16gb) running dalepl's ICS 4.04 using Tapatalk 2
    DerekElensar likes this.
    TOSHIBA Thrive - {DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM - ICS 4.0.4}
    LG Optimus Elite - Virgin Mobile
    Samsung Vitality - Cricket {DEAD} - Huawei Ideos U8150 (T-Mobile Comet) {DEAD}

    "God bless the light that shatters the clouded mind"

  6. #25
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    5194
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Perris, CA
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    bill_penny
    Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkee View Post
    I get that it's a perk but for the basic task of running XBMC what do you need? Just a laptop/pc? Then, how do you play it on the TV? Is there more hardware that you need to buy? Or do you just hook the laptop to the TV?
    no, jiveturkee--you can just plug your PC (or thrive) into your TV via hdmi cable.

    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    TOSHIBA Thrive - {DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM - ICS 4.0.4}
    LG Optimus Elite - Virgin Mobile
    Samsung Vitality - Cricket {DEAD} - Huawei Ideos U8150 (T-Mobile Comet) {DEAD}

    "God bless the light that shatters the clouded mind"

  7. #26
    Thrive Tech
    Member #
    13388
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,173
    Liked
    283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SHADO View Post
    I'll never figure out why I download and install things such as this, when I realize afterwards that I have no clue how to use them, or even what their exact purpose is, LOL...
    I do that, too.

    This is an interesting app,though, if you use your Thrive for TV shows, movies, videos, music. I just ran my battery down to 11% getting this setup and watching. I really need to go to sleep!

    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

    Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

  8. #27
    Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    12803
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Spring, Texas
    Posts
    618
    Liked
    110 times
    Twitter
    SteveJax
    Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkee View Post
    I get that it's a perk but for the basic task of running XBMC what do you need? Just a laptop/pc? Then, how do you play it on the TV? Is there more hardware that you need to buy? Or do you just hook the laptop to the TV?
    I can hook my Desktop or Laptop to the TV via the VGA port but I find the Thrive's HDMI port much more handy and easy to use but I don't see any need for this XMBC thing at all since I can already play all my media using the multiple media players I already have on the Thrive and I'm already using them to stream the media from my PC as well.
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive AT100 10.1 32gb
    ROM: DaleNet Deodexed ICS ROM
    Firmware: 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.39.4-g2388484 android-toshiba@tesibuild7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 23 11:22:12 IST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76D.01.00072314

  9. #28
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    5194
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Perris, CA
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    bill_penny
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCampsOut View Post
    ...I don't see any need for this XMBC thing at all since I can already play all my media using the multiple media players I already have on the Thrive
    the main perk of using xbmc is the media plugins. they add features that no ordinary "player" was ever intended to have. among my favorite is a video plugin called 'freecable', and it basically pulls a large amount of television programs from their respective corporate websites. I tend to think of it as my own personal DVR that collects almost every show I wanna see without having to set it. it works like an instant TV guide.

    Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    TOSHIBA Thrive - {DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM - ICS 4.0.4}
    LG Optimus Elite - Virgin Mobile
    Samsung Vitality - Cricket {DEAD} - Huawei Ideos U8150 (T-Mobile Comet) {DEAD}

    "God bless the light that shatters the clouded mind"

  10. #29
    Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    11298
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Posts
    503
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCampsOut View Post
    I can hook my Desktop or Laptop to the TV via the VGA port but I find the Thrive's HDMI port much more handy and easy to use but I don't see any need for this XMBC thing at all since I can already play all my media using the multiple media players I already have on the Thrive and I'm already using them to stream the media from my PC as well.
    What you said!

  11. #30
    Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    12404
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    274
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billpenny78 View Post
    well sir, I won't lie...lately I've been so smitten with technology, my wallet and my wife are suffering for it.
    Just picked up 2 8gb micro SD cards, and a SD card reader, and total was leas than $15, but that and the play store are running me into the ground. how do y'all do it?

    Sent from my Toshiba Thrive (16gb) running dalepl's ICS 4.04 using Tapatalk 2
    I actually don't have much of the latest technology... and no SD cards :/ I'm a full-time college student who also has a couple bills to pay, so I don't have as much stuff as I'd like. I'm planning on saving up my money(What little I get) and buying a computer, but I'm not sure what kind yet. I need one for school, though, so hopefully I won't have to abandon my Thrive to get my computer. I love my Thrive too much to do that! We'll see how it goes though... :P
    Out there is a new world! Out there is victory! Out there.... is our DESTINY!
    - C.L.U/Kevin Flynn(Tron: Legacy)


 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android 4.04 toshiba thrive xbmc
,

chromebook xbmc

,
how to install xbmc on chromebook
,
how to install xbmc on logitech revue
,
install xbmc on chromebook
,

install xbmc on logitech revue

,
logitech revue xbmc how to install
,
toshiba thrive xbmc
,

xbmc chromebook

,
xbmc for asus chromebox
,
xbmc for chromebook
,
xbmc for toshiba thrive
,

xbmc on chromebook

,
xbmc toshiba thrive
,
xbmc toshiba thrive download
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread