• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

FLV apps not working right on Thrive after Upgrading Android to 4.0

Trying to play back my videos from the SD card (where I keep ALL my videos). Mobo player WAS doing fine until I upgraded. Now Mobo player only plays the audio from the video (black screen otherwise), so I thought well maybe I need another specialized player for the flv video format. Tried them ALL ,and to a one they ONLY see video on the hard drive, not on the SD card, even though one player specifically CLAIMED to play videos from SD cards especially (with instructions to "navigate" to find the file, although there is no way to do that). Whassup with this...? How come my File Manager can see my SD card fine no problemo, but not these flv video player apps...? Oh DUH.

John Emery
    Last edited by rosalie; 08-10-2012 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Removed link in signature per forum guidelines

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The camera is poor, with glare showing in auto mode. The camera also fails if I have my SD external card with many pictures installed, the camera usage seems to cause creation of 1/2 gigabyte thumbnail icons and then report there is no SD storage available for pictures. If I delete thumbnails and then the lost folder that creates and remove the SD card the camera works (with glare) OK.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jpreston43 View Post
    Trying to play back my videos from the SD card (where I keep ALL my videos). Mobo player WAS doing fine until I upgraded. Now Mobo player only plays the audio from the video (black screen otherwise), so I thought well maybe I need another specialized player for the flv video format. Tried them ALL ,and to a one they ONLY see video on the hard drive, not on the SD card, even though one player specifically CLAIMED to play videos from SD cards especially (with instructions to "navigate" to find the file, although there is no way to do that). Whassup with this...? How come my File Manager can see my SD card fine no problemo, but not these flv video player apps...? Oh DUH.

John Emery
    Preston Studios |
    It seems that there are lot of people having similar kind of issues with the FLV player. Either the app must be faulty or it might be a small glitch that is just temporary. As your file manager is able to detect your SD card, everything works fine. If you are not able to play the files from your SD card, the player is at fault, as it is not able to detect it. You can uninstall and re-install the app. If it persists again then i would suggest you to install VLC player. It is the best player in the world. I hope it solves the issue.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spidershowl11 View Post
    It seems that there are lot of people having similar kind of issues with the FLV player. Either the app must be faulty or it might be a small glitch that is just temporary. As your file manager is able to detect your SD card, everything works fine. If you are not able to play the files from your SD card, the player is at fault, as it is not able to detect it. You can uninstall and re-install the app. If it persists again then i would suggest you to install VLC player. It is the best player in the world. I hope it solves the issue.
    I HAVE FLV on my machine and it does exactly the same thing....only looks at the files on the internal hard drive and will not let me look at the files on the SD card. Would LOVE to try VLC player, but when I try to download it it says it is incompatible with the Toshiba Thrive. I thought that was what this Forum was about exclusively - the Toshiba Thrive, no....? Why would you recommend something like VLC that will not work on the Thrive?

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    MX PLayer still seems to work fine with FLV from SD Card on mine.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

MX Player Not Working on my Thrive

About said that MX wasn't playing, but then I shut down my Thrive and re-booted. Tah Dah! MANY THANKS.... MX player is the bomb. It works great now and I can see and find my videos on the SD card OK with it..... Huba huba!
    Last edited by jpreston43; 08-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    after upgrading to ICS, my mx player has not been able to play my FLVs, even after restarting TT.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Dam.. I'm having the exact same issue word for word.. I can verify MX player works for me.. but I really really REALLy prefer mobo player

Quote Originally Posted by jpreston43 View Post

John Emery

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I converted my .flv to avi and they play with the player that came with Thrive just fine. Uninstalled the app players.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    907 times
    Then let the developer know...... MX Player has updated the codecs several times since ICS came out..... Mobo ???? maybe once????? if that.

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg2000 View Post
    Dam.. I'm having the exact same issue word for word.. I can verify MX player works for me.. but I really really REALLy prefer mobo player
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Ads