• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Super user 3.1 with binary update working

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Have pm'ed dalepl 2 days ago and the flashable zips from chainsDD pointe to the bin file.I have renamed su in xbin no matter what I have done all the instructions dalepl gave me update thru playstore or used flashable zip nothing has worked.Dalepl told me to wait for a new update from SU.
    I also put my backup of dalepl rooted rom on Had the same problem.0ne thing I didn't do is re-set permissions in CWM.That I should have tried.
    Good luck m2k if you have better luck then me let us know.....

This is my post in the honeybaked forum..

As far as SU update I have posted to chainsDD about SU update for honeybaked also mcarver2000 has same problem with dalepl rooted rom.I have done everything dale has suggested also flashed a v313.zip from chainsDD same...Dalepl said just wait for a new update for SU....
    Last edited by BusyOne; 07-05-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    JB-cm10-Kuroikaze Shinka b-21 Rom & tweaked w/pimp my rom

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    910 times
    Well, when I did flash the official superuser 3.1 from ChainDD, su acted like it was granting permissions (based on previously allowed), but nothing ever got it (they would just hang). At one time the su app force closed and I was able to send in a report (though at that point it didn't apply to not being able to update -- but hopefully the developer will find a clue). I e-mailed the developer twice in the early attempts. I even tried re-installing busybox (as this worked for some users with a previous update), but no go...

I've run out of options (other than trying to push with ADB, but the flashing should have done the same thing). What is weird is that with the latest SU update, I was at least able to get the binary written, but it failed during verifying that it was working (so I hope that means some progress).

But the thing that is extremely puzzling is that others with the same ROM, have had success ... that's why keeps me scratching my head.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1974 times
    If I can help in any way just let me know....
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    m2k that's where I thought I had everything working binarys updated just says cool you want to do that again..close run root checker not proper root.

My next move I just mite install superSU from chainfire which xda forums like better.Suppose to just install superSU update binarys a few times then unistall superuserSU chainsDD.I sure I'm getting tired of installing backup when cr..p goes belly up..haha....Well we'll see what path I take.?
    Last edited by BusyOne; 07-05-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    JB-cm10-Kuroikaze Shinka b-21 Rom & tweaked w/pimp my rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1974 times
    Let us know how it goes....
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    910 times
    Just checked the comments at http://androidsu.com/superuser/ and there are posts with similar (or worse) problems over the last free days. I'll take dalepl's advice and just sit around and see if the developer comes up with a fix.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1952 times
    OK, I do not have my Thrive readily avaiable to test this, but I did do the update on my Galaxy Nexus. The v3.1.1 SU did load, but failed on checking root. I set it aside and the next day the new v3.1.3 su update came out. This one loaded and checked just fine. Tried it again and it is still good. I checked and the su binary is in the /system/xbin directory. It is 371kb, so that is the correct one. When I get a chance, I will check my Thrive.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1294 times
    I had only one SU in /xbin and it was only 21.8k. When trying to update the binary, it would say granting su failed, but still say okay 2 out of 3 times. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled, but I still ended up with only the one version. I also still got su permission for Ghost Commander, etc. So, I just tried updating the binary again and it worked. I now have only the 371k file in xbin.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    May i ask what you guys are looking for and how you are doing it ? I looked in system/xbin and saw su and sulogin - is that it ? When i try and look at file with esfile its all mumbo jumbo and doesnt give a size - mine su is 3.1.3 and is working fine but just wondering what it is you all are doing -

Sent from my dalepl modified TT with Tapatalk 2
    32gb Thrive
    Dalepl's IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1952 times
    OK, I got my Thrive. I updated the Superuser application. I then tried to update the su binary and all it would say is working and stuck on finding the current loaded version. I also could not get any setting changes to stick. I then went into settings on the Thrive and cleared the data on superuser. I went back into superuser and all worked fine. SU binary updated and it gives permisions as it should. I do have it set to ask before giving permision. So, anyway, if you still cannot get it to update and you are on my ROM, I do not know what to tell you.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads