• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By rosalie

Thread: Dolphin HD update fixes crash/error problem. Clear cache in Google Play b4 updating

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    870 times

Dolphin HD update fixes crash/error problem. Clear cache in Google Play b4 updating

Many members have said that Dolphin HD has been crashing almost constantly recently, or has had other errors. Today's update says it fixes those issues, but the developer says to clear Google Play Store cache before updating Dolphin HD. Settings--Applications--Manage Applications--tap the "All" tab, scroll down and tap Google Play Store, the "Clear Cache" button. There are also updates to several of the Dolphin addons, so if you have any of those it would be a good idea to update them along with the main browser update.
    danvee, DoubleDAZWIFE and bluzman like this.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    907 times
    That would explain why I kept getting invalid update when I tried to pull it down this morning.... Thanks.... (mental note: remember to do this when I next get my hands on my THRiVE).
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    That would explain why I kept getting invalid update when I tried to pull it down this morning.... Thanks.... (mental note: remember to do this when I next get my hands on my THRiVE).
    Want me to put it in my calendar so I can send you a reminder?

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I updated Dolphin before reading about clearing the cache in Google Play. Anyway to fix this?
    Dolphin still crashes immediately if I click on AVS Forum bookmark to open Dolphin or open Dolphin first and click on AVS forum bookmark. I wrote them about this more than a week ago - still not fixed.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1874 times
    Try clearing the cache and data now.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catap View Post
    I updated Dolphin before reading about clearing the cache in Google Play. Anyway to fix this?
    Dolphin still crashes immediately if I click on AVS Forum bookmark to open Dolphin or open Dolphin first and click on AVS forum bookmark. I wrote them about this more than a week ago - still not fixed.
    I uninstalled, cleared the cache for Google Play, then re-installed and rebooted. I lost my bookmarks, so you might want to try installing Bookmarks To SD and exporting your bookmarks beforehand. You can also try just clearing the cache for Google Play and rebooting.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    870 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    I uninstalled, cleared the cache for Google Play, then re-installed and rebooted. I lost my bookmarks, so you might want to try installing Bookmarks To SD and exporting your bookmarks beforehand. You can also try just clearing the cache for Google Play and rebooting.
    Dave, do you backup your bookmarks in Dolphin's settings. If you do that, you just need to go back to settings and tap restore and they all come back after a reinstall...even folders.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    Dave, do you backup your bookmarks in Dolphin's settings. If you do that, you just need to go back to settings and tap restore and they all come back after a reinstall...even folders.
    Obviously not, but I do now.

I maintain most of my bookmarks on my laptop, so it's not like I lost them completely, just had to export/import. I haven't tried Chrome, but I'm thinking of giving it a shot. Doesn't it sync bookmarks across devices that use Chrome?
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    870 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Obviously not, but I do now.

I maintain most of my bookmarks on my laptop, so it's not like I lost them completely, just had to export/import. I haven't tried Chrome, but I'm thinking of giving it a shot. Doesn't it sync bookmarks across devices that use Chrome?
    I like Chrome on my laptop. I've been using it for about a month now. Chrome does sync. Here's the 411 Why sign in to Chrome - Google Chrome Help
    I'm waiting for them to have the option to sync Chrome bookmarks with Dolphin both ways. That would be the perfect setup for me.

Ads