• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: app for accessing network drive (nas) on home network

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

app for accessing network drive (nas) on home network

I just downloaded x-plore file manager from the play store,
    pros:
    Manual add of network shared drives
    Also allows scanning for drives.
    Split screen view
    Was able to stream music and video from home network
    Cons:
    Small (I sh) symbols to expand items
    Thumbnails also teeny tiny ((understandable)

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    No way no how!
    I'll have to give it a try! I have used File ManagerES and it also can access my Netgeat NAS. I'm still getting used to Android.
    8 GB Thrive 10, rooted with DaleNet's ICS 4.04
    Samsung Tab 2 7" for the wife (Tech envy)

Previous tab 10" Viewsonic with VeganTab which constantly failed.
    Now life's great now with the Thrive, but . . .
    " I'd rather be in La Antigua, Guatemala!"

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I have a 160Gb (laptop) disk drive that I took out of an old laptop (Dell) that i use as a backup via an USB 2.0 2.5 SATA HDD Hard Drive Disk Enclosure. I can see all of my files/folders via my PC however, when I plug it into my TT, I can only see the System type files (39.10Mb) out of a total or ~160Gb. These are files/folders such as: AutoExec.bat, command.com, config.up, etc. I do not want to reformat it as it is NTFS. Any suggestions on how to use it via my TT? I have tried using x-plore file manager with it, too. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by asctony; 06-25-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    Look at NTFS sticky on top of this forum
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Read most of it and still confused. If it can read the one portion, why can't it read the entire drive? Just like some people say that the TT will not write to Micro card or that a Micro card willnot work in a TT. Been using a Micro card 16Gb and now 32Gb without any problems.
    The problem with most Stickies is that there is too much stickie and no clear info. LOL
    rogerebert likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by asctony View Post
    Read most of it and still confused. If it can read the one portion, why can't it read the entire drive? Just like some people say that the TT will not write to Micro card or that a Micro card willnot work in a TT. Been using a Micro card 16Gb and now 32Gb without any problems.
    The problem with most Stickies is that there is too much stickie and no clear info. LOL
    Can't answer the first part as I don't use an external HD, but I can address the second.
    Nobody ever said that the TT won't write to a microSD. The fact is that a very few combinations work with no problem, many work occasionally, and most don't work well at all.
    The full sized SD is all but a sure thing: the micro is a crap shoot.
    For the sake of reliability and simplicity we'll always recommend a full sized SD.

sent from my modded Thrive using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by danvee; 06-25-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    If it can read the one portion, why can't it read the entire drive?
    Perhaps permissions. Also userId. When you used the drive on the laptop, you were the owner. Now on Thrive you're not. Not sure of any of it, but I do recall once using what once was an old laptop drive and when I plugged it into a reinstalled windows under different user ID, it was trouble.

Also, if that Dell drive is partitioned, I don't know if Thrive can read partitions, I haven't tried it on external old windows drive yet, Thrive can read partitions on the current laptop without any problems.
    Last edited by ttmoo; 06-25-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1969 times
    I have a 160Gb (laptop) disk drive that I took out of an old laptop (Dell) that i use as a backup via an USB 2.0 2.5 SATA HDD Hard Drive Disk Enclosure. I can see all of my files/folders via my PC however, when I plug it into my TT, I can only see the System type files (39.10Mb) out of a total or ~160Gb. These are files/folders such as: AutoExec.bat, command.com, config.up, etc. I do not want to reformat it as it is NTFS. Any suggestions on how to use it via my TT? I have tried using x-plore file manager with it, too. Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like it's only seeing the root directory, am I correct?
    ~Dan

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    Danvee, that's why I asked about partitions. Might be system partition (C and then another one or more for user data and junk which may well be subject to user ownership.
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmoo View Post
    Danvee, that's why I asked about partitions. Might be system partition (C and then another one or more for user data and junk which may well be subject to user ownership.
    Maybe, but he didn't mention seeing any folders......We'll have to wait until he comes back....
    ~Dan

Ads