• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mcarver2000

Thread: Maxthon Browser****

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Smile Maxthon Browser****

I am fairly new here bought my thrive 16g last month and i love it. I just install and test maxthon browser that i thought just like any browser ....i am wrong. This browser will let you download movie file when you select 'android' viewing mode. I have 32g sd card it really fill up so fast i might get 64g soon.

edit: when select 'desktop' mode it just like regular browser play movie file with their player nothing special....but in 'android' mode can play and download the same time and can choose owner player that cool....
    Last edited by ponghclub; 06-15-2012 at 08:10 PM.

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    I've been using Maxthon browser in desktop mode, so I didn't know about that. Thanks.
    You can't survive if you don't Thrive!

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Could you give an example of where this is usefull.

life is better with root.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Could you give an example of where this is usefull.

life is better with root.
    I pay monthly fee to web site that offer news, movies, variety show, concert...etc from my country on PC or Android device with high speed internet....watch only just like Netflix ....but with Maxthon Browser it change all that i can download anything and watch them later.

sent from my TT Favum Rom 1.1d using tapatalk
    Last edited by ponghclub; 06-17-2012 at 03:04 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    How would this work with Netflix? When in Android mode Netflix won't even to try to play. Besides Netflix uses Silverlight.

Hmmmm, now I see, when the browser is set to Android, you are given a mobile version of the site, that "streams" in different format than the full version, this you are given an option to save or view. This works for in desktop mode if one goes to the mobile version of the site (e.g., http://m.hbo.com). If this is the case, any browser will do this, one may have to long press the video link to get a save prompt.
    Last edited by mcarver2000; 06-17-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    How would this work with Netflix? When in Android mode Netflix won't even to try to play. Besides Netflix uses Silverlight.

Hmmmm, now I see, when the browser is set to Android, you are given a mobile version of the site, that "streams" in different format than the full version, this you are given an option to save or view. This works for in desktop mode if one goes to the mobile version of the site (e.g., http://m.hbo.com). If this is the case, any browser will do this, one may have to long press the video link to get a save prompt.
    No it is not work with Netflix....Netflix has it own App.....i pay month fee to be member to log in to watch movies and all kind of show....usually you can not download anything with PC. If you say any browser will do this....then i'm sorry I'm newbie to this android tech....i did torrent on PC and now on my thrive l can download thousand thousand of files on this pay web site with maxthon browser(android mode) ....ls it legel?

sent from my TT Favum Rom 1.1d using tapatalk
    Last edited by ponghclub; 06-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads