• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheSmithsinDe

Thread: Problem with Google Play Book.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Problem with Google Play Book.

Fixed it, see below
    Is there a known problem with Google Books, Purchased a few books yesterday and still not have transferred over to my TT???

Let me know and thank you !
    Last edited by TheSmithsinDe; 05-24-2012 at 07:42 AM.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Unless you specifically pull the book to your device (make available offline via Play Book menu) your books stay in the cloud. You do have access to the titles?
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Thx, Went to My orders/Devices, they are in the list, status showing complete. From there,I go an click on the books, still shows the price where it normally shows installed, I click on to purchase again, a pop up shows Error, Your order is processing, your item will be available in a few minutes...
    In the meantime I can read the sample..but was trying to get a few books downloaded for the weekend. I've bought plenty from Google, but this one has me stumped.

I've gone in books hit refresh,
    Shows I made the purchase form the receipt that was sent,??

Also a bunch of books are not showing in the Library in Google Books either on the TT??

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Basically went through all of this ( Posted to help others if need be)

Troubleshooting Download Issues[/h]

Download stuck at “Starting download...”[/h]If your application has stalled at "Starting download", please use the following troubleshooting steps to help complete your download:
    • Confirm that your device is on the list of supported devices, which means it's supported for use with the Google Play Store app. If your device is not on this list, please contact your manufacturer with questions.
    • For paid applications, confirm your credit card information is up to date by signing in to your Google Wallet account.
    • Cancel and restart the download.
    • Restart your phone, then try downloading the app again.
    • Confirm there is connectivity to either wireless or cellular networks on your device, and contact your mobile service provider if you aren't connected.
    • Try your download(s) using both wireless and cellular network connections, and ensure firewalls aren’t blocking access to ports required for Google Play (TCP and UDP 5228).
    • Make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play Store app and the Download manager. Here's how:
      1. Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
      2. Tab over to "All"
      3. Select the Google Play Store app, and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache;" then, select Download manager and tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"
    • You must be able to successfully sign into Google Talk to download Android apps on Google Play. Make sure your device is signed into Google Talk by following these steps:
      1. Go to your phone’s app launcher, and press the Talk app.
      2. If you’re already signed into Talk, press Menu, and then touch Sign out.
      3. Launch Talk again to sign in.
    If unsuccessful after attempting these steps, let us know, and we'll be happy to investigate further.

“Download unsuccessful” message[/h]
    A download from the Google Play website never started[/h]If a download you requested from the Google Play website never started on your device, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
    • Your device must be connected to a wireless or a cellular network - please don’t use USB or any other physical connections (contact your mobile service provider if you aren't connected).
    • Try the download with both wireless and cellular network connections, and ensure firewalls aren’t blocking access to ports required for Google Play (TCP and UDP 5228).
    • Make sure your device is logged into Google Talk by following these steps:
      1. Go to your phone’s app launcher, and press the Talk app.
      2. If you’re already signed into Talk, press Menu, and then touch Sign out.
      3. Launch Talk again to sign in.
    • Ensure that your device has at least 20 megabytes of space available for installation. If necessary, try uninstalling some existing applications or moving them to your SD card.
      • To move apps to your SD card, visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > select an eligible app > select Move to SD card (if available - note that not all apps can be moved to the SD card).
    • Try requesting the download again using the Google Play app from your device.
    If unsuccessful after attempting these steps, let us know, and we'll be happy to investigate further.

I purchased a book but am not seeing it within "My Google eBooks"[/h]If your purchase was completed but you're not seeing the book in "My Google eBooks" onhttp://books.google.com/ebooks, you may need to access your Google Wallet account directly and click theClick here to retrieve your purchase link alongside your order details.
    Once you have clicked this link, the purchased ebook should appear as part of your "My Google eBooks" shelf.
    If you have additional questions about Google eBooks, please visit the Books Help Center.

JiveTurkee likes this.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I went into Google Wallet to check to see if payment was actually sent and it was, there was a link up top to " Click here to Retrieve your purchase" in a yellow bar.
    I did that and it took me to my account listing all apps & books that I had purchased or downloaded.

All the way to the right next to all of the books is a small arrow, right next to report a problem that I clicked on that said upload or delete forever.....Clicked on upload and it was sent....

Problem I had is I tried this yesterday from the Tablet and clicking over there it would only click on Report a Problem not the little arrow, I didn't realize that was a clickable arrow from the tablet yesterday....

I went on to my PC at work and went through all the same steps this morning and that little arrow allowed me to click on it...thus allowing the book to be uploaded..

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Glad to see you have your problem all sorted out. this should help others if they have the same problem. Thanks for being the first tester.LOL Gold Star !

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmithsinDe View Post
    I went into Google Wallet to check to see if payment was actually sent and it was, there was a link up top to " Click here to Retrieve your purchase" in a yellow bar.
    I did that and it took me to my account listing all apps & books that I had purchased or downloaded.

All the way to the right next to all of the books is a small arrow, right next to report a problem that I clicked on that said upload or delete forever.....Clicked on upload and it was sent....

Problem I had is I tried this yesterday from the Tablet and clicking over there it would only click on Report a Problem not the little arrow, I didn't realize that was a clickable arrow from the tablet yesterday....

I went on to my PC at work and went through all the same steps this morning and that little arrow allowed me to click on it...thus allowing the book to be uploaded..
    Cheers, Jeanette ,
    "I am strong. I am invincible. I am redhead

AT100
    Rooted (DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 )

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Yes, another thank you here. When members post back with how they ended up resolving an issue, it helps others. Step by step instructions, like you gave are very helpful.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the info TheSmithsinDe. It may help someone in need who is having the same problem and doesn't know what to do. I think users who experience a different problem and if they find a way to sort it out, they may post in this forum so that others users who are experiencing the same problem will find it useful. And I think if they post in the step by step method like TheSmithsinDe it will be very easy for them.

Remove Ads

Ads