• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

AVOID the TOSHIBA APP Place

On 2/2/12 I purchased Logmein Ignition from the Toshiba App Place, at apps.toshiba.com This is the site that came up when I clicked on the logmein ignition icon on my (new) tablet.

I do not remember but am under the impression something did download. And I was able to connect to my logmein accounts without problems. That changed about 2 months later

I did not use the apps intensively in the mean time, as I use it mostly when I am out of town. I found out later that I had only a 45 days trial version. Surprised I started to check.

I contacted logmein, who does not have a single trace of the transaction.

I contacted Toshiba support, who eventually told me they will help, but that they needed to call back. That was a month ago. I am still waiting for that call back, or any of the other call backs I was promised, sweared, personally guaranteed or other. I am still waiting for the follow up from the app place. Ultimately Techsupport & Customer Relations send me to the App Place, which does not respond to my emails

I have contacted again logmein at 866 478 1805, case number 01966208. They do not have any trace of my purchase or money.

Meanwhile I went via my computer and via my tablet to the https://apps.toshiba.com/ site, logged in and see the purchase & payment.
    But when I click on the icon nothing happens.

Bottom Line: Toshiba Took my Money, did not deliver, and does not help.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    The website is not the same App Place as the Android app. Do you have the app installed?
    Last edited by mcarver2000; 05-21-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The Toshiba app place features various free apps each day. I downloaded an app (dolphin browser), but it failed to install because I had not set the option to allow install from unknown sources. I set this option, but it wouldn't reinstall, saying it already had it installed, so I went to Google Play and installed it. Later, I tried to download a airlines app, but it repeatedly failed. I've not had anything work here.
    Last edited by astrotom; 06-08-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Odd, is this through the app or via the Web? I have had no issues with their app, but then again, I have only taken them up on their free premium apps (all with no issues). You may want to make sure you have the latest version of their app. Toshiba App PlaceŽ

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have to logout of the app place app and log back in to get the free app usually. Just a quiirk of the app for some reason.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    I got this app for free when someone on this forum posted that toshiba app place was giving it away on a Friday deal. Its been working great for me. I still have the trial version on my tablet and the other day received an email that the trial had expired. I don't know what that was about but the free one from app place is good.
    Toshiba Thrive 32gb- DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    HTC Hero Rooted Cyanogen 7

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Interesting, i purchased need for speed from the app place, for the need for speed on my thrive, and it worked like a charm.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    If we are talking about LogMeIn, this was a free trial for the Pro version that was activated when you installed the app.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy192 View Post
    I got this app for free when someone on this forum posted that toshiba app place was giving it away on a Friday deal. Its been working great for me. I still have the trial version on my tablet and the other day received an email that the trial had expired. I don't know what that was about but the free one from app place is good.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adelamarc View Post
    I have to logout of the app place app and log back in to get the free app usually. Just a quiirk of the app for some reason.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    Download the newer Appstore from the Toshiba App website. This fixes the log out, log back in to purchase problem.

Toshiba App PlaceŽ

As for LOGMEIN IGNITION. I can't even download it. I got in free on 5/9 but never installed it. A week later when I wanted to install it, the "download" button was missing. Emailed Toshiba and nothing. No reply. Now I can see a download button, but I get an "error:try again later"

Dave
    Last edited by dsw_777; 05-22-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    TT AT100 16GB
    Android Version 3.2.1
    HTK55D.31.5.0003 (DaleNet OOM Rooted)
    2.6.36.3- Shiva (Overclocked @ 1.472 GHz)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dsw_777 View Post
    As for LOGMEIN IGNITION. I can't even download it. I got in free on 5/9 but never installed it. A week later when I wanted to install it, the "download" button was missing.
    That's what I'm getting, too.
    Shiny new 'Droid user.

Ads