• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Slingplayer For Honeycomb Tablets

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Slingplayer For Honeycomb Tablets

Does anyone know if the Slingplayer Mobile app for Android will work on the Thrive?

At $30, I want to know for sure before pulling the trigger.

Thanks!

------------------------ EDIT 10/11/2011 ------------------------

https://market.android.com/details?i...ia.slingPlayer - PHONE VERSION - DON'T BUY THIS ONE ANYMORE!

https://market.android.com/details?i...ngPlayerTablet - BUY THIS ONE - For Honeycomb Tablets

If you're already using the phone version, it will still continue to work in compatibility mode as long as SlingMedia chooses to allow. However, it will not support the increased resolution, tablet specific features, etc of Tablet version.

Don't forget that you've 15 minutes to try any app after the first successful download. If it doesn't work, return to the market and press Refund before the time limit expires.

Yes, I know it might stink that you may have to spring yet again for another $30 version of the what may seem like the same app but that's the way it is. Also, we're mostly all in agreement already that the 15 minute time window is too short but that was Google's decision. Complain to the respective parties please, not in these forums or in this thread.

Thanks, The Forum Staff (epakrat75)
    Last edited by epakrat75; 10-11-2011 at 06:12 AM.

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    My Vulkano works so I dont see why Slingbox wouldnt? check the comments in the market to see if it works on Honeycomb. You should be good.

Edit: I just looked and didnt see anybody on HC? do more research or get in under 15 min.
    Last edited by drum747; 07-19-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yes, slingplayer works fine. One of my most used apps.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the replies. I've got 2 Slingboxes, one attached to my DVR and the other to the cable box. They work fine to my PCs and iPhone, so all is configured. I just wanted to make sure the app ran ok on the Thrive. Sounds like it does and I'll be downloading a copy.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    I want a Slingbox, but all the reviews say they die prematurely? Is that true, or just naysayers?

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Yes...SlingPlayer Mobile works on the THRiVE. Yes...it's worth every penny. Yes...it's the shiznit!!!

Is that everything?

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TarheelGrad1998 View Post
    I want a Slingbox, but all the reviews say they die prematurely? Is that true, or just naysayers?
    I've had my original Sling Classic since they first came out. It's been plugged in 24x7 for years. No failures. The other one is a Sling AV, also had it for years with no problems.

Neither of them are still made and I can't speak for the new hardware, but I have not heard of any chronic hardware failure issues with them.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

help

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Dre View Post
    Yes...SlingPlayer Mobile works on the THRiVE. Yes...it's worth every penny. Yes...it's the shiznit!!!

Is that everything?
    i have a thrive and every time i try to open the app it goes black and will not work. can you offer any suggestions? it does work on my computer and my htc evo

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Sorry for your trouble. It definitely works. Since the earlier posts, I bought the Pro version and have it running. It does sometimes act funny if my Direct TV receiver is turned off, but once you realize that's what it is it works perfectly.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rome7756 View Post
    i have a thrive and every time i try to open the app it goes black and will not work. can you offer any suggestions? it does work on my computer and my htc evo
    Sorry, I had no trouble. Downloaded it, logged in to my account, and my boxes showed up and work fine.
    Thrive 16 GB - stock
    Netflix - check
    Ad-Hoc WiFi - check
    iPhone 4 Jailbroken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads