• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rosalie

Thread: [FREE] iHear Network Reads Facebook and Twitter to you Out Loud

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Cool [FREE] iHear Network Reads Facebook and Twitter to you Out Loud

iHear Network version 2.0 is out! Listen to your social news feeds.

* Connect with Facebook, Twitter, or Pocket
    * Full text extraction of linked content
    * Many advanced Text-To-Speech enhancements
    * Easy to upgrade your voice

Download from Google Play

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Interesting. Maybe it will decrease the number of people running into things while walking around looking down at their devices... like the guy in the video. Would be good for in the car too, while driving. The extraction of linked content would be great. I don't think I've seen an app that does that before.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Lordy the way my friends post I would be on there all day listening to it. I fly through it and move on. Yes it would work for those folks just can't do with out their facebook and be hands free.
    Cheers, Jeanette ,
    "I am strong. I am invincible. I am redhead

AT100
    Rooted (DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 )

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZWIFE View Post
    Lordy the way my friends post I would be on there all day listening to it. I fly through it and move on. Yes it would work for those folks just can't do with out their facebook and be hands free.
    LOL, I hear ya! There's only so much facebook I can tolerate. I look at it once in a while to catch up on what's going on with people I don't talk to on a regular basis, but I don't need to know every little inane thing my friends are doing every single moment of the day. I don't do twitter at all, but I know a lot of peole who can't do without it.

I was reading about this app on G. Play, and what I found interesting is the huge selection of magazine channels and news/tech articles you can have read to you on so many different topics. Would be a nice change of pace from listening to music whie walking or doing " busy work," or to catch up on my news "reading" while being able to do other things at the same time.
    bobl and JiveTurkee like this.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    I know we tried the audio books and they were nice I didn't realize it was the end and I said lets finish the book David laughed and said it ended as we got to the place we were going.

Yes sometimes I just don't have time to read my nature mags. I look at the pictures and then say I'll read it later. would be nice to just read those articles that hit my interest.

I have a twitter account but never use it. only time is when someone say check it out on my twitter very rarely I check. LOL I think twitter is kind a weird site but there is folks who love it.

sorry to say some friends I have hidden because they over post and drives me nuts. I don't play games It mainly for family that lives away from us and friends we have made over the AF years.
    Cheers, Jeanette ,
    "I am strong. I am invincible. I am redhead

AT100
    Rooted (DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 )

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the feedback on iHear Network. You guys made some really good points about information overload, in that a lot of people post WAY too much stuff and it becomes very overwhelming. A couple of things to mention are:

1) You can listen to music and iHear at the same time, though you might need to adjust the speech volume in the settings to have the best experience.
    2) You can listen to articles you drop into Pocket (formerly Read it Later).
    3) We have plans to add filtering on streams so they aren't so overloaded.

Thanks again, hope you are enjoying the app.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    We just released 2.0.3 that fixes some bugs.

* Now handling Facebook's advanced permissions results
    * Fixed some FC and ANR bugs

This is a more stable version, so please update if you already have iHear Network.

Remove Ads

Ads