• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: HELP WatchESPN App Not working!

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times

HELP WatchESPN App Not working!

Hi Group- My number one app watchespn has not been working since yesterday. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app nothing! I called their tech service today to se if it was a network or app problem they say no. Tech said I should try clearing cookies and cache from tablet. I already cleared cache from both the stock browser and Maxathon. Then dl app again still nothing. The app opens fine but when I pick a station all I get is that buffering circle no video. They sent me this email
    1. WatchESPN requires Flash Player 10.3 or higher. Free upgrades are available
    from Adobe: Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player.
    NOTE: Flash Player is not currently compatible with 64-bit browsers, please
    visit Adobe's site to learn how to use a 32-bit browser: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html.
    2. Refresh your current internet browser.
    3. Close your current internet browser and launch a new one.
    4. Clear your internet browser's cookies, close all browsers and try launching
    WatchESPN again. Warning: Any account passwords that are currently stored in
    your browser memory may be lost.
    5. Try using an alternate web browser. WatchESPN should be compatible with IE,
    Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
    6. Set your internet browser's security settings to Medium or Low and try
    launching again.
    7. Your computer's pop-up blocker may be preventing the window from launching.
    To allow pop-ups on a one-time basis, hold down the Ctrl (control) button when
    attempting to launch the player. If this doesn't work, consult instructions for
    the pop-up blocker you have installed.
    8. Close any unnecessary browsers or applications. This will also improve the
    video quality once the player launches.
    HELP NBA Playoffs start at 1PM and I am away from my 73 inch TV and need my TT to run the freaking app yesterday! Knicks play at 3PM any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Toshiba Thrive 32gb- DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    HTC Hero Rooted Cyanogen 7

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    I guess it's kinda late now but did you try a full reboot after you did all that? Just a thought, but sometimes it helps when things act funny. The only other thing I can think that you didn't mention trying is clearing cache etc. from your flash app itself and maybe uninstall/reinstall it? Just grasping at straws trying to think of something.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    I guess it's kinda late now but did you try a full reboot after you did all that? Just a thought, but sometimes it helps when things act funny. The only other thing I can think that you didn't mention trying is clearing cache etc. from your flash app itself and maybe uninstall/reinstall it? Just grasping at straws trying to think of something.
    Hey rosalie- I have tried everrything. Cleared cache from the app, both browsers, my flash didn't have anything to clear. I have uninstalled the app more than I want to remember. I also rebooted several times. Nada! The techvover at espn said to also delete cookies but can yoy clear cookies on a tablet? If so how? I'm really bummed because its my favorite app use it all day long! Also why is it that once I unistall the app then reinstall it seems to have all my settings. Shouldn't I be getting a fresh install with no previous data? Anyway knicks are losing so its not a great day for me.
    Toshiba Thrive 32gb- DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    They are giving you instructions for a PC browser.

Next time you Uninstall, before you do, go into the Applications and clear cache and data for that app, then uninstall. That shoudl remove your settings and any downlaoded files for it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    I figured you had done all that, but I was just trying to think of something that might help. To delete your cookies, look in your browser settings. I use Dolphin, and to get to mine I tap the window pane at the bottom of sreen, then MORE...SETTINGS...DATA STORAGE SETTINGS...CLEAR DATA...CLEAR COOKIES
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    I figured you had done all that, but I was just trying to think of something that might help. To delete your cookies, look in your browser settings. I use Dolphin, and to get to mine I tap the window pane at the bottom of sreen, then MORE...SETTINGS...DATA STORAGE SETTINGS...CLEAR DATA...CLEAR COOKIES
    I use the maxathon browser and the stock browser do you have any idea how I clear cookies from them??

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rtfw View Post
    They are giving you instructions for a

Next time you Uninstall, before you do, go into the Applications and clear cache and data for that app, then uninstall. That shoudl remove your settings and any downlaoded files for it.
    Tried your suggestion but no go. The app opens fine its when I select a channel to stream I get that buffering circle.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy192 View Post
    I use the maxathon browser and the stock browser do you have any idea how I clear cookies from them??
    To delete cookies :

Stock Browser... Tap lined icon, (top right corner) then Settings>>Privacy & Security>>Clear All Cookie Data

Maxthon... Tap lined icon, (top right) then Options>>Privacy & Security>>Delete Cookies

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    To delete cookies :

Stock Browser... Tap lined icon, (top right corner) then Settings>>Privacy & Security>>Clear All Cookie Data

Maxthon... Tap lined icon, (top right) then Options>>Privacy & Security>>Delete Cookies
    Thanks rosalie - found both cleared cache, deleted cookies, uninstalled the app and dl it again still nothing. I thinks its the app. The ESPN techs are really great and are looking into it. Whats weird is that if I open up anyone of my browsers and go right to the watch espn site from it, it lets me watch everything! The WatchESPN app works with ADOBE AIR. You have to have this app for it to work. The tech made me check if I had the latest version becuae it was recently updated. I do have the latest version but just in case I also uninstalled it and dl it again still nothing. SO Frustrating when it's my favorite app.
    jbeige likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I had this problem and was able to resolve it. In my case I discovered two issues. First, if you are using an ad blocking app try turning it off. In my case that blocked the ESPN app from connecting. The second "solution" is a strange one. Perhaps someone with a better understanding of android than me can explain it. I discovered that the app would not work after I first rooted my Thrive to Dalepl's ROM. By chance I discovered that the app did work in other ROMs and in fact also worked in Dalepl's ROM after I saved it in Titanium backup in a ROM other than Dale's and then reinstalled it in Dalepl's. Go figure....but it worked for me.
    Last edited by wlmasonii; 04-30-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    JiveTurkee likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads