• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Your #1 used app?

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    371 times
    Rosalie,
    So I take it you really really like Evernote!
    You are way more organized than I am or ever will be. I take my hat off to you.
    I put everything to memory but the sad part abut that is my memory is slowly fading into the sunset.
    Dennis
    DerekElensar likes this.
    Dennis

DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    "In Memory of my wife Donna"

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DWolves View Post
    Rosalie,
    So I take it you really really like Evernote!
    You are way more organized than I am or ever will be. I take my hat off to you.
    I put everything to memory but the sad part abut that is my memory is slowly fading into the sunset.
    Dennis
    LOL, well you're still ahead of me. I neverhad a memory to save things to... If the term "scatterbrain" is in the dictionary, my picture is next to it. That's why I depend on things like Evernote to keep me straight.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Greetings, I've been through threads like this. My #1 used app is probable adw launcher or google play (lol)

Ill dig through threads for my previous explanations of apps I use.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    I really depend on it to keep me organized personally and professionally. I use it to quickly save ideas and tidbits of info that I want to remember and have access to anywhere and from any device or OS.

Here's one example of how it can be used. Say I'm researching info for an article on "The Effects of Industrial Pollutants on Delaware's Shore Birds." I create a notebook in Evernote. I come across a piece of relevant info on the web, so I "clip" it and send it directly to the notebook. The snippet gets saved, along with a link to the webpage source.

Later I visit the beach and snap photos of shore birds with my Smartphone and send them directly to the notebook, along with an audio interview with a local environmentalist. While sitting in a traffic jam on the way back to the hotel, I open the Quill app on my Thrive and jot a few handwritten notes and send them to my Evernote notebook.

In my hotel room I open the notebook in Evernote, flesh out my report, make the notebook sharable with editing rights, and email my editor a link to the Notebook. Then I take a minute to scan my gas receipts, hotel bill receipt, etc, and send them to my "Expense and Tax Receipts" notebook in Evernote.

At a wine tasting that night at the hotel, I really like one certain wine, and want to remember it. I snap a pic of the label and send it to my "Food and Drink" notebook. Evernote saves the pic, and OCRs the words so they are searchable later.

This is just a made up example, but you get the idea. Sorry, didn't mean to write a book, but when I like something I tend to get carried away with extolling it's virtues, LOL.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, if I ever have to reset my Thrive or other devices... Or drop them from a 30 foot rafter (winks at DerekElensar) my notebooks are safely encrypted and accessible on Evernote on the web, and will simply repopulate when I reinstall the Evernote app and sign in
    I liked the story! It definitely looks like it could be pretty handy, and next time I'm in an area with WiFi, I think I'll download it!

BTW: I liked that 30-foot drop reference
    rosalie likes this.
    Out there is a new world! Out there is victory! Out there.... is our DESTINY!
    - C.L.U/Kevin Flynn(Tron: Legacy)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Ads