• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Your #1 used app?

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Evernote

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Hey guys, been awhile but I figured I'd check in. The Thrive is a bit dated already but I still freaking love mine and use it everyday. I'll list my top 10 apps that I use frequently if not everyday.

Netflix, GMail/EMail, Splashtop, Kindle, Camera (lol still an app), Xfinity ( too lazy to get remote), play music, square, dolphin HD, Fandango (I'm a stubs member)

I can go on with more but I'll stop...

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk
    DISCLAIMER:
    I enjoy consuming the blood of small/medium sized mammals this includes the following: goats, cows, pigs, and human children. If you are any of the listed creatures or in the category of "small/medium sized mammals" please avoid me at all costs. Do not sustain any cuts as the smell of blood excites me. Death by Chupacabra is extremely painful. The pain however will only last several minutes as the sudden blood loss will cause you to lose consciousness.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    browser, gallery, media player

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I guess mine would be:

1. Tasks N Todos Pro
    2. EasyMoney
    3. tTorrent Pro
    4. OfficeSuite Pro
    5. BeyondPod

Can't decide which would be my #1 app.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Perfect Viewer, Photoshop Touch, Scanner Radio.
    Hopefully as I get m

Tapped in with Tapatalk

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    ...get more familiar with Android I'll get a bit more productive with it.

Tapped in with Tapatalk

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Haha, I like the split, Franky

I see many of you using Evernote... is it realy that valuable to use? I've never used it before. :P
    Out there is a new world! Out there is victory! Out there.... is our DESTINY!
    - C.L.U/Kevin Flynn(Tron: Legacy)

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I use evernote almost every day. I use it to take notes in church, and also my teaching notes when i am teaching at chirch. One of my favorite things about is that once I save it on evernote it is automatically synced in quick office HD pro, where I can organize it into a different folder if I want, or just use the storage system it uses. It is much easier than opening an office file to take short notes. I keep my reminders for the day on it, and checklists for things to get done. I use it for brainstorming ideas. Lots of uses if you think you could use it.

DerekElensar likes this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Hmm... I think I'll check it out. Thanks! =)
    Out there is a new world! Out there is victory! Out there.... is our DESTINY!
    - C.L.U/Kevin Flynn(Tron: Legacy)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekElensar View Post
    Haha, I like the split, Franky

I see many of you using Evernote... is it realy that valuable to use? I've never used it before. :P
    I really depend on it to keep me organized personally and professionally. I use it to quickly save ideas and tidbits of info that I want to remember and have access to anywhere and from any device or OS.

Here's one example of how it can be used. Say I'm researching info for an article on "The Effects of Industrial Pollutants on Delaware's Shore Birds." I create a notebook in Evernote. I come across a piece of relevant info on the web, so I "clip" it and send it directly to the notebook. The snippet gets saved, along with a link to the webpage source.

Later I visit the beach and snap photos of shore birds with my Smartphone and send them directly to the notebook, along with an audio interview with a local environmentalist. While sitting in a traffic jam on the way back to the hotel, I open the Quill app on my Thrive and jot a few handwritten notes and send them to my Evernote notebook.

In my hotel room I open the notebook in Evernote, flesh out my report, make the notebook sharable with editing rights, and email my editor a link to the Notebook. Then I take a minute to scan my gas receipts, hotel bill receipt, etc, and send them to my "Expense and Tax Receipts" notebook in Evernote.

At a wine tasting that night at the hotel, I really like one certain wine, and want to remember it. I snap a pic of the label and send it to my "Food and Drink" notebook. Evernote saves the pic, and OCRs the words so they are searchable later.

This is just a made up example, but you get the idea. Sorry, didn't mean to write a book, but when I like something I tend to get carried away with extolling it's virtues, LOL.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, if I ever have to reset my Thrive or other devices... Or drop them from a 30 foot rafter (winks at DerekElensar) my notebooks are safely encrypted and accessible on Evernote on the web, and will simply repopulate when I reinstall the Evernote app and sign in
    Last edited by rosalie; 04-30-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    DWolves and DerekElensar like this.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads