• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Your #1 used app?

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    1) Clock
    2) nook
    3) You Are Your Own Gym
    4) Google Reader
    5) Dolphin for Pad
    6) Sports Illustrated

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    1.stock browser, 2.Gmail/Yahoo mail, 3. Amazon appstore (checkout daily free app), 4.ES file explorer, 5. GasBuddy, 6. Handrite Pro.
    Last edited by gberpa; 04-30-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Well, I was at work yesterday(I work in a theatre as the head soundboard operator), and I was up in our catwalks sending a text message when...... *OOPS!* my iPhone 3GS slipped from my hands! Who knew that a 30 foot drop from a catwalk would damage your phone?? Lol... it was even in an OtterBox case and everything. THe screen is all messed up, but all the hardware works(Except for something internal.. probably my network chip..). Weird thing is, when I try and use voice dial, it says "Voice dialing is unavailiable when there is no cellular connection."

Moral/point of the story: Don't text from the catwalks, and I'm watching this thread big time now, so I can try and find apps to occupy my time when I don't have my phone, lol..

Keep the apps coming!
    Out there is a new world! Out there is victory! Out there.... is our DESTINY!
    - C.L.U/Kevin Flynn(Tron: Legacy)

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    i think if I fell from that height i would be in worse shape than the phone.i can't believe the phone even comes on after that fall.do you have insurance on it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Oh, that STINKS! I hope you can get it fixed or replaced . Does warranty cover dropping from 30ft? At least it wasn't you that fell! A phone can be replaced. You can't.

Well so much for the videos they show with the mountain climber dropping his otterbox clad phone from a cliffside and it had not a scratch!
    I have an otterbox on my phone and I guess the combo of the wafer thin silicone inner cover and the hard plastic outter cover gives decent protection but I'll bet if Bobj made a phone case out of that super thick, firm, resilient silicone he uses on the Thrive cases, it would put otterbox to shame... even without the outter "shell" A customer wrote to him saying he left his Thrive on top of his car and drove off. It fell off going down the highway, and other than slight marring of the silicone of the case, the Thrive itself was fine. Maybe we can talk Bobj into branching out to making phone cases as well
    Last edited by rosalie; 04-25-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmaston View Post
    i think if I fell from that height i would be in worse shape than the phone.i can't believe the phone even comes on after that fall.do you have insurance on it.
    Nope.. it was my parents who bought it... not me.. and now we have two damaged phones, lol.. methinks they are considering insurance now. :P

Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    Oh, that STINKS! I hope you can get it fixed or replaced . Does warranty cover dropping from 30ft? At least it wasn't you that fell! A phone can be replaced. You can't.

Well so much for the videos they show with the mountain climber dropping his otterbox clad phone from a cliffside and it had not a scratch!
    I have an otterbox on my phone and I guess the combo of the wafer thin silicone inner cover and the hard plastic outter cover gives decent protection but I'll bet if Bobj made a phone case out of that super thick, firm, resilient silicone he uses on the Thrive cases, it would put otterbox to shame... even without the outter "shell" A customer wrote to him saying he left his Thrive on top of his car and drove off. It fell off going down the highway, and other than slight marring of the silicone of the case, the Thrive itself was fine. Maybe we can talk Bobj into branching out to making phone cases as well
    Not sure if the warranty covers that.. We're considering taking it into AT&T and asking them.. I mean it was in an otterBox of all things! I also looked online and saw a bunch of repair videos, and I think I might just have what they call the white screen of death.. and if so, I can easily replace that no problem. All of the outer hardware works(vol up/dn, power, jumpboard, etc), and so if anything it would be the network chip since the LCD screen is in perfect condition. It could also be the digitizer(the thing that makes it touch sensitive), and if so I could replace that, too.

I heard the story of the guy who left it on his car, and I've told it to 2 other people who now have that same case because of that story(Thanks @bobj!). I agree though... bobj should make phone cases

On the bright side, a friend of the family has a spare iPhone 3GS lying around(which is what I broke), and offered to give it to me in exchange for me helping her move in a couple months! i'm gonna go pickup the phone tonight or tomorrow! \o/

Anyways, enough of my ramblings! =)
    rosalie likes this.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Maybe the android God's are sending you a message to step away from iphones.
    DerekElensar and rosalie like this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Lol I agree! Unfortunately my parents are the ones who bought the phone, and they decided to go with the iPhone series. THey both have an iPhone 4 and me and my 2 siblings have an iPhone 3GS. On the bright side, a friend of the family offered to give me her old iPhone 3GS in exchange for me helping her move in 2mo. AND it's a 16GB instead of an 8GB lik my bro and sis have... hehe =D

Later tonight after I get off of running the sound for our Junior High's musical and running the sound for a wedding rehearsal, I'll be able to sync my iPhone to iTunes and actually be able to use it again! you never know just how much you use your phone until.... it's gone!

Also, I disassembled my iPhone yesterday to see if the LCD was just unplugged, and it was actually bad, so I'm thinking of sending it in to nextworth.com since they will buy your devices, etc. for money and send you a rpepaid label and everything. If I were to send in my phone, I would probably get $32! =)

((Now if I could only get the camera back in! LOL))

wid
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

2 best

overskreen
    thumb-keyboard4

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked