• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times

How do you delete a downloaded toshiba app not installed yet

Yesterday I went into the Toshiba app store for the first time and set up my account as I wanted to get the free log mein app. When I saw that the log mein app was no longer available, I accidentally downloaded another free app but did not install it. So on the Toshiba app place it is showing an app. downloaded but not installed. How to I delete the downloaded app from the toshiba app place? Thanks in Advance.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    I looked and cannot find a way to delete the app from the App Place, you may need to contact customer service for that one. But for me, I see no harm in leaving it there, if you don't want it then you don't have to install it, I see no impact it would have on the Thrive.

Sent from my AT100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Toshiba Thrive 32GB
    Running DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    890 times
    Yeah, I second what gpa011 said. I can't find any way to remove it from your list of apps. What I would do is tap "order history" from your account page, then to the right of the app tap "actions" >"customer service" and it will give you a form to ask CS a question. Knowing your history with Toshiba customer service, as well as another members problem recently with the app store customer service in particular, I can't guarantee that will help, but it won't hurt to try. I only wrote to them one time with a question about the website, and they did answer a couple days later.
    Last edited by rosalie; 04-14-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    its wont hurt being there.if you want to just email them and ask them.I had a couple questions for them and thay answer all my questions.it did take a few days to get a answer.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Thanks GPA, Rosalie and RT I did write to Toshiba and expressed my concern about the free apps being taken off their site early I will write to them and ask about removing the app. I don't see any place either to do that within Toshiba apps section. Here's an idea what if I downloaded it would it then be easy to delete as I assume it would put an icon on my thrive and then I could empty it in the trash. What do you think of do you think the Toshiba App store would still show as being downloaded and I'd be back to square one.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Halo, I downloaded one of the free apps to test being able to delete as you asked in the OP, I did not install it, and it does not show as an icon on the Thrive. I think it will only show as an icon once installed. Not sure where the 'downloaded' copy is, but if I see it I will let you know. Even though the App Place shows the status as 'downloaded', when I pressed that word, it did download again. So, even if you do find it on the Thrive and are able to delete it, it appears you will always be able to redownload and install any time you want.

Toshiba Thrive 32GB

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Thank you, so I guess even though you can delete the app once its downloaded in the trash it will always remain on the toshiba app place on your account to re-download if you want to install it in the future. Do you think the downloaded copy is somewhere in file manager? I looked at the file manager under downloads and it was not there. Kinda makes you wonder where the app is sitting and what file name it might have. I wonder if you would have to go through each file in the file manager and see if it is there?

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    I am rooted so I looked everywhere in system folders and could not find the app. I have a feeling Toshiba might be calling downloaded, as in downloaded to your account, not necessarily directly to the Thrive. It might even just go to a temp folder somewhere that clears itself once you choose not to install. I will keep looking though and post if I find it.

Toshiba Thrive 32GB

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    890 times
    Well, I was going to try to download another app and check out where it goes and all but I just get error messages saying can't do it right now, try again later. I even get an error when I try to re download the app I already have
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    That's a thought. Toshiba might call it downloaded to the account not to the thrive. In that case we could be looking indefinitely. Let me know it would be good because someone might have second thoughts about an app after it starts to download and then you stop it.

Ads