• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by freddiecolon View Post
    I have a quick question, I have read through other threats about formatting the SD cards. So far, for what I understand, FAT32 works great for files that are 2Gs or less, while exFAT are better if the file is 2Gs or higher. Now, in this thread it says that FAT32 can handle 4Gs and higher, can someone clarify this? I just want to be able to use the right format to transfer movies into my 16g SD, since movies are usually take about 1.5Gigs or higher, unless is one of those 4hrs movie which will take more space.
    I have movies over 2Gb on my FAT32 card. FAT32 supports up to 4Gb. There is a recent thread where the numbers had to be corrected. Just remember that not all apps compute gigabytes the same way, so the 4Gb might have some wiggle room.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    As far as songs purchased on Itunes, you can always burn them to a CD and rip them to MP3 format the same as you would commercially purchased CDs. It's a cumbersome process and there are tools out there that avoid it, but I'm not sure they are entirely legitimate.

It's ridiculous that you have to jump through hoops like this to listen to legally purchased music on a device you own, especially when making you do it isn't stopping anyone from doing something illegal if they want to. But it is what it is.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    NO
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    I have movies over 2Gb on my FAT32 card. FAT32 supports up to 4Gb. There is a recent thread where the numbers had to be corrected. Just remember that not all apps compute gigabytes the same way, so the 4Gb might have some wiggle room.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was trying to format a 16g to exFAT but dont have that option on Windows XP, but that is ok, I dont think I need it anyhow, I will stick to FAT32. Well, thanks again, I will go now and keep reading about the new breakthrough, Dalepl did it again, WOW, that was fast. Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads