• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

"Marrying" a TT to Droid Razr Maxx via a new "Lapdock-like" cable?

Obviously I have the TT and am looking at Droid Razr Maxx. I've read up on the 2 "portable like" devices from Motorola the Lapdock 100 & 500. So I understand that these are dumb devices without the phone attached and many have argued good 1st try but not ready for prime time.
    Now here is my idea for you creative engineering types, since the connection between the 2 devices is a cable that physically interfaces with the phone/lapdock's HDMI & USB port would it be possible to create one for to connect the TT to the Droid Razr Maxx in the same fashion? My gut tells me NO, but I thought I'd throw it out there for this innovative group to respond to.

If not fine, it was just an interesting "what if scenario" then.

Thanks group have a good day!
    Best Regards,
    Yaker

2. Ads

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    just throwing this out there.can you connect your phone to the thrive to tranfer music,data?

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaker View Post
    Obviously I have the TT and am looking at Droid Razr Maxx. I've read up on the 2 "portable like" devices from Motorola the Lapdock 100 & 500. So I understand that these are dumb devices without the phone attached and many have argued good 1st try but not ready for prime time.
    Now here is my idea for you creative engineering types, since the connection between the 2 devices is a cable that physically interfaces with the phone/lapdock's HDMI & USB port would it be possible to create one for to connect the TT to the Droid Razr Maxx in the same fashion? My gut tells me NO, but I thought I'd throw it out there for this innovative group to respond to.

If not fine, it was just an interesting "what if scenario" then.

Thanks group have a good day!
    Hi Yaker,

It IS FUN to think of "what if's" I like your creative mind. Why would someone want this ?

I like to look at situations from the perspective of "What problem are you trying to solve?" or "What are you trying to create that does not already have a simpler/cheaper solution?"

I see the purpose of the lapdock is to turn an android phone into a 10 in tablet with usb ports and a keyboard. In other words to use the internal "computer hardware" in the phone to run the Lapdock's screen and keyboard. The lapdock has no "brains" - But I did not read all about it, so I probably missed something?

My "engineering" solution would be to just add a bluetooth keyboard to the Thrive.

You can connect the TT and most android phones today, with a standard cable, or as @rtmaston points out, wirelessly.
    Last edited by BobjGear; 03-31-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    - BobjGear

Remove Ads

Ads