• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rtmaston

Thread: Multi dock question

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Multi dock question

Hi guys, I just got my Thrive (1saleaday deal) and am having a blast with it. I ordered a Multi dock for it. Is there any issue with keeping the Thrive in the dock, even when not in use? I thought most modern batteries/chargers could avoid an overcharge situation, but just thought I would check. Thanks!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Hi Steve,

There was a pretty decent discussion in this thread:

battery not charging

You would think that overcharging is avoided by new technology, but some have had issues.
    Mine is kept on charge (in sleep mode) when I'm not using it, and I've had no problems (I did however pick up a spare battery for $24 from Toshiba Direct).
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    i use that dock.I leave it plug in to the dock only to charge and when I'm using it on the dock.i would not leave it on there when you are not using it.to be on the safe side.
    jorge505 likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    Hi Steve,

There was a pretty decent discussion in this thread:

battery not charging

You would think that overcharging is avoided by new technology, but some have had issues.
    Mine is kept on charge (in sleep mode) when I'm not using it, and I've had no problems (I did however pick up a spare battery for $24 from Toshiba Direct).
    Thanks. I did check the forums, but I never have any luck with searches. Must have missed that thread.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    i think leaving it on the dock all the time would be the same as just pluging the as adapter into the thrive direct.too many peoples having that problem.so I would not leave it on AC unless I'm using it or charging it.does not take long to charge it.

Remove Ads

Ads