• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sony srs-a30 speaker compatibility

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times

Sony srs-a30 speaker compatibility

I have a Sony SRS-A30 speaker that has a mini speaker plug. Is this compatible with the Thrive. I don't want too short anything out if I plug it in to the headphone jack in the Thrive? Thought it might be nice for Google Play. Runs on 9Volt DC.
    Last edited by Halo; 03-13-2012 at 09:36 AM.

2. Ads

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    hi halo I looked them up thay look like thay are made for PC.I don't see why thay won't work.I got a pair on my PC I tried on the thrive and thay work fine.just make sure your volume is set to low on the thrive them raise it as needed.raise the volume up on the speakers up about half way.you will have to play with the volume on the thrive and speakers to get it right.when I looked that up withe the model number you gave it looks like you could use a AC adapter on themselves.
    Last edited by rtmaston; 03-13-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Hi, thanks for writing. I happen to find this speaker when I was rummaging around in my drawers for my hdmi cable for the tv. Right now the speaker runs on double aa batteries. I could run on a 9 volt adapter but it says in the manual it has to be a specific Sony adapter which I don't have. I have a 9 volt Sony adapter but it doesn't fit my Sony speaker anyways I have to put in like 8 AA batteries. I use to use this Sony speaker with one of my laptops but wasn't sure if it was okay with the Thrive cause its alot smaller.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    sometimes I used my thrive out in the garage I hook it to my stereo reciever the same way.I have once or twice unplugged the headphone jack while its playing a song.when I plug it back in i have no sound but the guage is moving and counter is moving in the player.I have to close the player and click on the player and start playing again.I don't know but I think it has a protection on the headphones jack.peoples are just pluging them in and out with the thrive is on.I do it to.if I'm listing to music on the thrive thru the headphones on the thrive and unplug them while listing and plug them back in i have no sound.I have to shut the player down and bring it back up to get my sound back.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    you can go to radio shack and get a adapter.just take speakers and what you have.I think thay can get you fixed up.that way you don't have to use it on battery's.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    i hope that its improve your sound.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I was thinking when I get it set up to use with Google Play or Pandora. What would be really nice for Xmas is to get a nice bluetooth wireless sound system. If I remember correctly years ago it runs through the batteries in the Sony in a couple days. It won't be cost effective for me to run it on batteries. It would be nice if the Thrive was a power source but unfortunately not. Yes radio shack has these adapters but I will hold off and see if I can wait to get a bluetooth speaker system for it. My amplifier went out the other day so I had no sound system for my dvd's on my tv. I spent 1/2 the day yesterday trying to get the cables strung across the room out from behind the cabinets and had to cut one I was lucky it was just one of them. I donated the dvd and speakers to the goodwill. Maybe someone can fix it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1288 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    I was thinking when I get it set up to use with Google Play or Pandora. What would be really nice for Xmas is to get a nice bluetooth wireless sound system. If I remember correctly years ago it runs through the batteries in the Sony in a couple days. It won't be cost effective for me to run it on batteries. It would be nice if the Thrive was a power source but unfortunately not. Yes radio shack has these adapters but I will hold off and see if I can wait to get a bluetooth speaker system for it. My amplifier went out the other day so I had no sound system for my dvd's on my tv. I spent 1/2 the day yesterday trying to get the cables strung across the room out from behind the cabinets and had to cut one I was lucky it was just one of them. I donated the dvd and speakers to the goodwill. Maybe someone can fix it.
    We use nothing but rechargeable batteries in all our toys these days. That way we don't have to worry about batteries. We have a single charger that will do both AA and AAA, butbthey have other sizes too. We tend to buy Enlopes at Costco.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    thats all I use anymore to.thay charge quick.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Well it doesn't matter because I can't any sound out of this speaker. I put new batteries in it the power light comes on but the sound is real mute on the speaker. I can't remember but its quite old and am thinking if it only had one or two speakers or if it would make a difference. I looked it up on the internet and a guy was selling the same model speaker but he had two in a box. If I had two I sure can't remember. The one though I have has the power button the volume know, bass knob and has the mini jack plug. When I tried it in the thrive I could bearly hear the sound coming out of this Sony speaker. So, not sure whats up with it. Next purchase will be one without batteries though. I'll be shopping for wireless.

Ads