• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snoween View Post
    new at this have a toshiba 8 gb will this work , for it also these pens for the tablet does it matter if you buy the cheap ones thanks
    If I'm reading this correctly, it will work with ANY Android tablet, even 8GB, 16GB, 32GB THRiVEs. It even works with an Android phone, anything that uses Bluetooth really. I haven't tried it on a Windows platform, I don't own anything running iOS but I'm sure it would work with that as well, but the keyboard is optimized for an Android platform.

The stylus, as long as you buy a capacitive touch screen compatible stylus, it will work regardless the price. If you buy a stylus for a resistive touch screen (like a Nintendo DS stylus) it most likely will not work. Here is an article on the difference between capacitive and resistive touch screens http://www.knowyourcell.com/features...resistive.html. The THRiVE uses capacitive (which is the best of the two IMHO). The stylus in one of my pictures above was purchased at Best Buy for I think $9.99. There do exist cheaper ones and definitely more expensive ones (I've seen some around $90.00!!!!!). I don't think there is much that can be screwed up with a stylus (come on, it's a cylinder for crying out loud) so I don't think there will be any advantages from owning a $100 stylus compared to a 99 cent stylus. I can vouch $10 stylus' are pretty decent.
    Last edited by gnarlynick; 01-19-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    iPrefer Android.

My Toys:

HTC EVO 4G LTE Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROOTED
    3.15.651.16 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM

Asus Nexus 7 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean

Toshiba THRiVE Android 4.0.4 ICS ROOTED
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, new member here. Have the Thrive for about a month now and love it.

I also have the Kensington folio/BT keyboard and it works great (except for the annoyingly small Shift and Enter keys). You can get it much cheaper at Amazon (dot com or dot ca) than Best Buy. I think BB has it at $119.99CDN while I got mine at Amazon.ca at $69.99 plus $5 shipping.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    @neto_zitro
    yay, i think i'm gonna get one... but they are cheap at newegg item N82E16823155051 just $54

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    On quick looks;

The first one listed is smaller, lighter and more expensive.
    The second is larger, heavier and cheaper.

Retention methods are similar, but not identical.
    I'm thinking that the latter would be better for the TT as it's .8" thicker (to accomodate the thicker TT)

Pure speculation, though, as they only give outside dimensions, not the dimensions of the attachment points.
    I seem to recall the possible downside of both of these cases is that the corner retention pieces are held in by a hook and loop material (like a solid Velcro hook material on the corner piece with the inside of the case being the fuzzy part). I'm not sure that the extra weight/mass of the TT would be held securely enough.

Since I made my own version of this for about $40, I really can't justify $54 for an experiment.

I guess that none of our 12K+ members have this case or they'd have jumped in by now.
    Last edited by danvee; 03-14-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    thinks for all the pictures.it does seem to work well.here is the link to see the ones amazon has.

Amazon.com: bluetooth keyboard for the toshiba thrive.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    On quick looks;

The first one listed is smaller, lighter and more expensive.
    The second is larger, heavier and cheaper.

Retention methods are similar, but not identical.
    I'm thinking that the latter would be better for the TT as it's .8" thicker (to accomodate the thicker TT)

Pure speculation, though, as they only give outside dimensions, not the dimensions of the attachment points.
    I seem to recall the possible downside of both of these cases is that the corner retention pieces are held in by a hook and loop material (like a solid Velcro hook material on the corner piece with the inside of the case being the fuzzy part). I'm not sure that the extra weight/mass of the TT would be held securely enough.

Since I made my own version of this for about $40, I really can't justify $54 for an experiment.

I guess that none of our 12K+ members have this case or they'd have jumped in by now.
    Exactly...I was wondering if anyone had tried both...I noticed one of them had no reviews at all!
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads