• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am wondering if being left handed makes a difference with what stylus would work well. I noticed in reviews that on a stylus you have to hold it more vertical than say regular writing with a pen. Being left handed is a pain when writing anyway cause you have to 'push forward' on a pen as opposed to dragging it along. Any left handers out there with advice? Thanks,

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I am wondering if being left handed makes a difference with what stylus would work well. I noticed in reviews that on a stylus you have to hold it more vertical than say regular writing with a pen. Being left handed is a pain when writing anyway cause you have to 'push forward' on a pen as opposed to dragging it along. Any left handers out there with advice? Thanks,
    Gator,

left-hander here. I use the Alum-pen with my Thrive, and it works perfectly fine. It isn't a problem for me, 'pushing' the stylus rather than pulling it, but the biggest problem is the palm on the screen. I haven't tried a handwriting app in a few weeks, but the last time I did, those with the palm protection (really more of a heel protection), worked better for righthanders than us lefties.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times

My finger

I have a stylus straight from Toshiba and it does work well. However I find with a little practice my finger is quicker and more accurate especially if the app you use allows for pen thickness. I have developed my own style of short hand that enables me to rewrite my notes as needed.
    John

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I could simply try the finger technique but realisticly writing lefty is a pain no matter what you use. I dont' think I could use a short hand as I can barely read my own writing long hand. For work what I like to do is take a photo and then write notes over top of it in the appropriate spots and do some sketches.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

A Capacitive stylus is a special type of stylus that works on capacitive touchscreens primarily designed for fingers, as on iPhone and most Android devices. They are different from standard styli designed for resistive touchscreens.

According to a report by ABI Research, styli are especially needed in China for handwriting recognition because of the nature of its writing system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads