• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Battery bargain(??)

Abe's of Maine is taking preorders for the battery for $74.18 and free shipping. Amazon is charging $90.
    However, if you Google "Abe's of Maine scam", they appear to have a very bad reputation.
    Doesn't sound like it's worth the possible trouble. Anyone know any different?

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Abe's is a fairly well known discount retailer. They specialize in cameras and other electronics. I wouldn't say they are a total scam, but they do have a bad reputation. It mostly comes from selling products they don't have in stock, difficult return policies, incorrect shipments and things of that nature. I ordered a battery from them years back and it took them three weeks to fulfill it. I haven't done business with them since, personally and while I won't badmouth them, I wouldn't recommend them either.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    I ordered the screen protector for the Thrive from them a couple days ago, I saw the bad reviews with delays and all that but decided to take a chance. We will see how it goes.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    I bought my first DSLR from them a few years back (my dad also) and we had no problem with them at all.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    I don't know that I would take too many chances on the battery. It seems the Thrive battery is fairly unique, but still, there have been plenty of counterfeit batteries in the industry.

Remove Ads

Ads