• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

keyboard docking station?

Does anyone know if they plan to make one or better yet if there is any word as to a date one will be released? I was thinking about getting something like this Amazon.com: 10.2" Synthetic Leather Case with Keyboard and Stylus Pen for ePad and aPad (Black): Electronics
    for the mean time but i don't like the idea of having to take the tablet out and put it back repeatedly for when i want to have a keyboard. I like using it with out the keyboard most of the time since i do more reading and viewing than typing.
    I am also not sure if this is even compatible or not...any suggestions or info?

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think Im gonna buy this, because it is perhaps small enough to fit in my smallish tablet bag, and it is bluetooth so no hassle on the connecting part.
    The Singularity is coming! Im excited.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carrotguy View Post
    I think Im gonna buy this, because it is perhaps small enough to fit in my smallish tablet bag, and it is bluetooth so no hassle on the connecting part.
    what are you planning on buying? the thing i posted is not bluetooth and you didnt post a link for what you were going to buy

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Something like this maybe? (All-in-One: Stand / Keyboard, Charger, etc it would seem)

ZAGG Keys SOLO Keyboard

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    How about one of these? Saw this at best buy. Maybe we can get one of these for the Thrive.
    Amazon.com: Asus Keyboard/Docking Station for Eee Pad Transformer (TF101 DOCKING): Electronics

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    [QUOTE=epakrat75;20107]Something like this maybe? (All-in-One: Stand / Keyboard, Charger, etc it would seem)

ZAGG Keys SOLO Keyboard[/QUOTE

that does not support the thrive.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Epakrat, the Zagg keyboard DOES NOT support the THRIVE TABLET. audiophiliac, that's steep! and the dock doesn't even work with the THRiVE.
    gadget fanatic, and a thriveforums super mod.

Have a problem THRiVE Related? Check out the ThriveForums Official THRiVE FAQ's

Afraid of getting in trouble? New Member? Read OUR GUIDELINES

my_devices: Android: Toshiba Thrive (not rooted, stock 3.2), Kindle Fire (not rooted, stock), Sony S1 (not rooted, stock), SE Xperia PLAY (not rooted, Android 2.3 w/ QQLauncher Pro) iOS/Other: 2goPad Windows OS Tablet, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 1, iPod touch 1G/4G

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So far I have seen no "Dock Keyboard for the Toshiba Thrive", which is dissapointing because this tablet has already so much that makes it like a laptop, including or selling a dock to turn it into sort of a laptop would be crazy. Or even a Dock Keyboard Case, something that makes it look like a laptop would be awesome. With that said I have only been able to find ONE bluetooth keyboard case which makes it look sort of like a laptop and is compatible with all 10.1" Tablets and that's the Kensington KeyFolio Pro 2 Universal Removable Keyboard, Case and Stand for 10-Inch Tablets, Black. I'm definitely going to save up and purchase it because I want to show off to my friends like it's one of those Windows 8 tablet/laptops.lol

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    I cannot remember the brand, but I purchased a case with an integrated USB keyboard for 10" tablets. It works just fine. Cannot use the camera, but that was never an issue for me anyway.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Picked up one of them about a year ago myself.
    As little as $12:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_...nid=2470954011
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Remove Ads

Ads