• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wanted: Black Back Cover

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I left it overninght. It was pretty obvious it wouldn't take after the first hour. Washed right off in the morning. I think we can ammmend the instructions to say "use new back covers."

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    It will work, eventually.
    You need to use hot water. On the silver one that I'd dyed Red, I left it in for a few days and it did take, even into the plastic itself. Had to reheat the dye a few times in the microwave.
    Did you give it a good scrubbing in hot detergent on case any of those scratches contained oils, etc?
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, I'll give it a few days. I have now cleaned the Thrive back with detergent and am re-heating the dye. BTW I did a test on an old grey Palm Treo smartphone cover just now and it came out great after an hour or so. I was able to scatch off the dye on the silver Sprint logo too, with my thumbnail--looks OEM but black.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    The other possibility would be to remove the chrome bezel and spray with black Plastic Dip.
    It'll look weird, but be a consistent color....
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a black back cover in perfect condition. I thought you had one already, so I didn't reply. But it looks like that deal fell through. If you still want it, it's yours for the cost of postage.

Let me know.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kenvp View Post
    I have a black back cover in perfect condition. I thought you had one already, so I didn't reply. But it looks like that deal fell through. If you still want it, it's yours for the cost of postage.
    Thanks so much. I left the dye for another day--still no take on scratches, so ordered one on Ebay. Hopefully it will show up. If not, like some before that didn't, I'll get back in touch with you if that's OK. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Patnet; 07-30-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Missing bracket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads