• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wanted: Black Back Cover

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    At this point, if you're still in need Ben's Outlet has 2 covers, a case, a power supply, a screen protector and a dock for a whopping $10
    http://bensoutlet.com/products/toshi...imate-bundle-6
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    At this point, if you're still in need Ben's Outlet has 2 covers, a case, a power supply, a screen protector and a dock for a whopping $10
    Ben's Outlet - Toshiba Thrive Bundle w/ Dock, AC Adapter, 2 Back Covers, Portfolio Case & Screen Protector!
    Thanks, Dan, well spotted, but I wanted black. Dunno what happened to Ron, he was going to send me his, but it hasn't ever gotten here.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    If black is what you really want, you could either dye one of the others or use as trading fodder to get a black...
    Ron hasn't been on since 7/2....
    ~Dan

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Per Danvee's response you can dye one or paint it. I believe there is a tutorial floating around here on how to custom paint your THRiVE back plates and achieve a finished/polish look and feel. If you need a plate to do this on due to yours being too damage you can pick it up from amazon.com link is below for your convenience. They are like $3-$5 depending on color but if your gonna paint it color doesn't matter. I've always wanted to attempt to give one a wood finish... Have a few ideas on how to do it, just not the time

amazon.com/Toshiba-Thrive-Colored-10-Inch-Tablet/dp/B004YIFODM
    DISCLAIMER:
    I enjoy consuming the blood of small/medium sized mammals this includes the following: goats, cows, pigs, and human children. If you are any of the listed creatures or in the category of "small/medium sized mammals" please avoid me at all costs. Do not sustain any cuts as the smell of blood excites me. Death by Chupacabra is extremely painful. The pain however will only last several minutes as the sudden blood loss will cause you to lose consciousness.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    IIRC, I did the painting tutorial.
    Dyeing is much simpler and will hold up far better in the long run.
    ~Dan

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The thing about dyeing is that my finger markes have actually worn through the original rubberized-like coating layer on the existing back cover and gone through to the harder silver plastic. There's a kind of uneveness to the back now which, unless the black dye is totally matt, with no sheen at all, will show I think if I do indeed dye it.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Which is why you can buy a new one to work with...

@Danvee
    Yes I do recall seeing one posted by you, it was very well documented. I recall seeing two others as well. Haven't looked into dyeing it all that much, sorta fell off the face of the Earth :-P
    DISCLAIMER:
    I enjoy consuming the blood of small/medium sized mammals this includes the following: goats, cows, pigs, and human children. If you are any of the listed creatures or in the category of "small/medium sized mammals" please avoid me at all costs. Do not sustain any cuts as the smell of blood excites me. Death by Chupacabra is extremely painful. The pain however will only last several minutes as the sudden blood loss will cause you to lose consciousness.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Which is why you can buy a new one to work with...
    Thanks, understood. Will investigate.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Anywhere there was damage, like scratches, worn plastic or nicks, the dye didn't take--stayed silver. Thanks for you help though.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Makes sense.
    That's the hard ABS plastic.
    It might take the dye, but only after a long time....
    If you're still determined to get black, and nobody steps up, any of the other colors can be dyed.
    They may have that deal at Ben's or 1SaleADay on the other colors.
    Last edited by danvee; 07-29-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    ~Dan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads