• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Car Charger for Thrive...? (Anker)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Question Car Charger for Thrive...? (Anker)

Hey Everyone! I know I've seen some posts about the Pwr+ and another manufacturer model of car charger that works with our Thrives... has anyone out there ever used one of these?

Amazon.com: AnkerŪ Golden Multi-function Car Charger for Laptop and iPhone/iPod/Smartphones; 40W DC Adapter for Toshiba Thrive Android Os 10-inch Tablet At105-t1016 At105-t1032 At105-t108 At105-t1016g At105-t1032g ; PA3922U-1ARA PA3934U-1PRP with [5V

I've had good experiences with Anker products in the past, and this one looks like the smallest / most portable one I've seen yet, so was just curious if anyone out there was actually using one!

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    It may simply be sloppy writing, but the power specifications state: "Power: 40W; Power Input: AC100-240V;" The picture and description say car charger, but it would be nominally 12vdc input for a cigarette lighter adapter. Again, probably a misprint, output looks correct.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    These $7 adapters work just fine with a Thrive

New Verizon HP Mini 1151NR Netbook Vehicle Car Charger Retail 097738560517 | eBay

DC Car Battery Charger Power Adapter for HP Mini 1000 1010 1030 Notebook Laptop | eBay

And here's the same oem Verizon charger without the retail packaging for $3 (free shipping)
    New Car Charger for Verizon HP Mini 1151NR Netbook 19 Volt Output | eBay

I have the Verizon oem charger, and I've tested it with my Thrive, so I can confirm that it does work OK.
    I saw some other posts on another forum that the DC power connector isn't long enough to engage the detent (in the socket) that helps hold the tip in place, but that is not the case with this charger.
    Last edited by GoneNomad; 02-11-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneNomad View Post
    These $7 adapters work just fine with a Thrive New Verizon HP Mini 1151NR Netbook Vehicle Car Charger Retail 097738560517 | eBay DC Car Battery Charger Power Adapter for HP Mini 1000 1010 1030 Notebook Laptop | eBay And here's the same oem Verizon charger without the retail packaging for $3 (free shipping) New Car Charger for Verizon HP Mini 1151NR Netbook 19 Volt Output | eBay I have the Verizon oem charger, and I've tested it with my Thrive, so I can confirm that it does work OK. I saw some other posts on another forum that the DC power connector isn't long enough to engage the detent (in the socket) that helps hold the tip in place, but that is not the case with this charger.
    Thank you for these links, just bought the cheap $3 one, can't beat that price.
    SteveCampsOut likes this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times

Re: Car Charger for Thrive...? (Anker)

Quote Originally Posted by GoneNomad View Post
    These $7 adapters work just fine with a Thrive

New Verizon HP Mini 1151NR Netbook Vehicle Car Charger Retail 097738560517 | eBay

DC Car Battery Charger Power Adapter for HP Mini 1000 1010 1030 Notebook Laptop | eBay

And here's the same oem Verizon charger without the retail packaging for $3 (free shipping)
    New Car Charger for Verizon HP Mini 1151NR Netbook 19 Volt Output | eBay

I have the Verizon oem charger, and I've tested it with my Thrive, so I can confirm that it does work OK.
    I saw some other posts on another forum that the DC power connector isn't long enough to engage the detent (in the socket) that helps hold the tip in place, but that is not the case with this charger.
    I bought the $3 one too thanks!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That answers THAT question! =) Just bought the $3 one, as well.... Thank you much, GoneNomad!

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Twitter
    SteveJax
    Quote Originally Posted by moonbus View Post
    Thank you for these links, just bought the cheap $3 one, can't beat that price.
    so I'm not the only one who jumped at that price! Can't wait to get it but I'll probably be out of town already when it get's here.
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive AT100 10.1 32gb
    ROM: DaleNet Deodexed ICS ROM
    Firmware: 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.39.4-g2388484 android-toshiba@tesibuild7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 23 11:22:12 IST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76D.01.00072314

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I actually bought another one myself.
    For $3, I couldn't pass it up, and it's always possible to use it with something else (like a laptop) that requires 19 volts.
    This type, which has a 12vDC power cord, can be more convenient than the other type that has a big plastic body that plugs directly into a DC power (lighter) socket.

The other good thing about those I linked above is they all have a right-angle 19v power connector, which is less likely to come unplugged, or cause damage to the 19v power socket.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Why not just buy a cheap inverter at Walmart. Then you won't need to worry about frying your devices.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

Quote Originally Posted by bitmess View Post
    Why not just buy a cheap inverter at Walmart. Then you won't need to worry about frying your devices.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    I did just that, it almost caught fire. I had to yank it and throw it out the window, this was when my son was around 3 months old in the backseat, luckily it was up front with me. The thing had been plugged in maybe 3 times, ever. Not sure what caused it, didn't care, it went in the trash once it stopped smoking for a few minutes.

No longer use car chargers of any sort now.

Tapatalked from my GNex - JBSourcery 4.5.6
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads