• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bluetooth Speaker

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Maybe these FELT speakers are what you are looking for ? Rechargable !

Felt Pulse and Rewind Bluetooth speakers hands-on
    pio_masaki likes this.

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    1 Sale a Day has (today only), Westinghouse Bluetooth rechargeable speaker (Li-Ion battery) Bass boost, for $79.99. It lists for $150, and I saw it on Amazon for $105 to $139. I don't have one, so can't recommend it, just thought you would want to check it out for yourself. Choice of colors too.

Wireless Daily Deal, 1 Sale A Day

Andy (edit to add link)
    Last edited by krietzerjak; 01-07-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    A few months ago, after lots of research, I bought a Supertooth M1 Disco - currently $129 at Amazon.
    Excellent sound, half the price of the "Bose nonsense" and better reviews than the small Jambox (it's also bigger, less portable).
    Paired without problem with the Thrive and with the Galaxy S3. A pure joy, very happy with that purchase.
    Here: SuperTooth Disco Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
    Gerard

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    These aren't speakers, but I like them so much, I had include them in this thread:

Amazon.com: Vizio XVTHB100 Bluetooth On-ear Headphones: Electronics

They are without doubt the best headphones, wired or wireless, I have ever used. Great sound and the SRS function really makes a difference. Good distance, I have gone around 40-45 away and still get good sound.
    I didn't buy them from Amazon, I got them at the local CompUSA/Tiger Direct (or whatever they called themselves this week) for the same price as Amazon.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times

Re: Bluetooth Speakers

@OORick, Do you plan on moving around while you're playing music from your thrive? Why is wired out of the question? Doesn't better sound come from a wired connection? The battery savings is another consideration. That being said I have a wired logitech that I love that you can also use with iPhone/ipods (I know blasphemy). Any how I paid $100 for mine but you can find them for much cheaper.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ech-_-55986035. Great sound for a small system. You can use a bluetooth adapter for the ipod dock http://compare.ebay.com/like/1308246..._lwgsi=y&cbt=y There are bluetooth logitech models but I don't know how good they are.
    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    GMHY: upon reading/watching the reviews, the Supertooth Disco certainly seems outstanding. But probably still more costly than what I'm willing to spend on an accessory. That said, newegg just put the Supertooth Disco 2 on sale for $89.99... link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...75961017-L030A . As the sequel, one presumes it would be all fancy and updated and better than the original. But if so, why is it $40 less than the original? On one hand, I would love for this to be as good as the original, but somehow cheaper (it would then be a very nice fit for me)... on the other, I am deeply suspicious.

krietzerjak: I missed the 1saleaday deal, but thanks for the heads-up. The specs I find when I google "westinghouse bluetooth speakers" make that sound like a promising option. I wish I could find actual reviews, instead of just the specs, but I'll keep looking. The good thing about 1saleaday is that once something goes on sale the first time, you know it'll come back around a few more times.

zires: I have a set of wired speakers now that I've used sporadically. What I don't like is that they basically disqualify me from using the tablet as a tablet, since I can't be holding it and moving it from a table to my lap and all the simple movements that one needs to make if you're reading while listening to music, or checking the box score/tweeting while listening to a baseball game or whatever. I guess with a long enough cord, it'd be feasible, but I've got my mind set on a wireless solution.

Appreciate the helps so far, everyone. I might get antsy and pull the trigger on the "Disco 2" sale price (it ends Tuesday), but otherwise, I'll keep biding my time and looking for the ideal match of function and price-point...

Rick
    Last edited by OORick; 01-12-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    zires likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought the Creative D100 from Amazon and have been using it for about 6 weeks now.
    Couldn't be happier. It uses 4 AA batteries. I am using Eneloop rechargeable and getting about 25 or so hours on a charge streaming Pandora from my Thrive.

It was C Nets top pick under $100
    CNET Top 5: Bluetooth Speakers Under $100 - YouTube

Price bounces around on Amazon and I was lucky enough to snag mine at $40.
    Right now it looks to be $60 but I would easily recommend even at $60.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    I just picked up the Creative D80 bluetooth speakers from my local TigerDirect store (formerly know as CompUSA) on sale for $25 and these are pretty doggone good!
    I believe I read somewhere the only difference between the D80 and the D100 is, the D100 uses batteries and the D80 require AC power. Anyway, for 25 bucks, I'm impressed.
    mrc57 likes this.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    I bought the Creative D100 from Amazon and have been using it for about 6 weeks now.
    Couldn't be happier. It uses 4 AA batteries. I am using Eneloop rechargeable and getting about 25 or so hours on a charge streaming Pandora from my Thrive.

It was C Nets top pick under $100
    CNET Top 5: Bluetooth Speakers Under $100 - YouTube

Price bounces around on Amazon and I was lucky enough to snag mine at $40.
    Right now it looks to be $60 but I would easily recommend even at $60.
    I have to piggyback on what nugent said here...I have the same speakers, and they have been excellent for me.
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    These are back again on One sale a day for $59, free shipping. I might try one at this price.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by krietzerjak View Post
    1 Sale a Day has (today only), Westinghouse Bluetooth rechargeable speaker (Li-Ion battery) Bass boost, for $79.99. It lists for $150, and I saw it on Amazon for $105 to $139. I don't have one, so can't recommend it, just thought you would want to check it out for yourself. Choice of colors too.

Andy (edit to add link)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads