• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DirtyRat

Thread: 12 dollar Amazon keyboard

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

12 dollar Amazon keyboard

If you already have a keyboard, and you like yours, nevermind. If you DON'T have a keyboard for your Thrive, at least consider this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Synthetic-Leat...hrive+keyboard

I finally picked it up after several months with a Thrive, and becoming frustrated any time I wanted to type on it. Using the touch screen drives a 40 word per minute + guy crazy. Having said that, I read a newspaper article of some tech junkie (who actually promoted the Thrive, and soon after I got one) who said he picked this keyboard up on a whim, figuring that at the worst he'd be out 12 bucks. The guy then claims what a treat 12 dollars buys! So I ordered one too. The one listed above. It arrived with little fanfare. Tucked neatly in a bag. I open it up, slip the Thrive in (the keyboard includes a black leather portfolio like folder) and plug up the keyboard. Yes, it is USB, no, I really barely notice. The USB jack is the smallest I've ever seen. It barely protrudes from the leather jacket one connected.

So how does it work? Well, I find it is simple to type on. It is smaller than a normal keyboard, but I've found no growing pains in using it. First go I was typing away quickly. It includes all the keys you want, and many you'll never push. (Windows button?) (Function keys!?) I assume this was meant for a Windows machine, but the Thrive does fit in fairly nicely. You can tell it wasn't quite made with the Thrive in mind, however the Thrive fits very well into it. 4 little clips secure the tablet. Two on the bottom, one on the left (which almost blocks the camera) and one on the top. Finally a little elastic strap holds the top right corner. Thrive isn't going anywhere. The keyboard folds shut and is held that way with a little magnetic flap that folds across the top. Takes some use before this works well as the magnet is weak, but it works with time.

Finally there is a kickstand on the back, much like a picture frame kickstand. Holds the tablet at a very nice viewing angle, even in your lap. Of course the stand resting on your knee is a little obnoxious.

My opinion is that the keyboard is a great addition to a Thrive. Takes the pain out of typing on the tablet.

DirtyRat
    mewhee likes this.

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRat View Post
    If you already have a keyboard, and you like yours, nevermind. If you DON'T have a keyboard for your Thrive, at least consider this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Synthetic-Leat...hrive+keyboard

I finally picked it up after several months with a Thrive, and becoming frustrated any time I wanted to type on it. Using the touch screen drives a 40 word per minute + guy crazy. Having said that, I read a newspaper article of some tech junkie (who actually promoted the Thrive, and soon after I got one) who said he picked this keyboard up on a whim, figuring that at the worst he'd be out 12 bucks. The guy then claims what a treat 12 dollars buys! So I ordered one too. The one listed above. It arrived with little fanfare. Tucked neatly in a bag. I open it up, slip the Thrive in (the keyboard includes a black leather portfolio like folder) and plug up the keyboard. Yes, it is USB, no, I really barely notice. The USB jack is the smallest I've ever seen. It barely protrudes from the leather jacket one connected.

So how does it work? Well, I find it is simple to type on. It is smaller than a normal keyboard, but I've found no growing pains in using it. First go I was typing away quickly. It includes all the keys you want, and many you'll never push. (Windows button?) (Function keys!?) I assume this was meant for a Windows machine, but the Thrive does fit in fairly nicely. You can tell it wasn't quite made with the Thrive in mind, however the Thrive fits very well into it. 4 little clips secure the tablet. Two on the bottom, one on the left (which almost blocks the camera) and one on the top. Finally a little elastic strap holds the top right corner. Thrive isn't going anywhere. The keyboard folds shut and is held that way with a little magnetic flap that folds across the top. Takes some use before this works well as the magnet is weak, but it works with time.

Finally there is a kickstand on the back, much like a picture frame kickstand. Holds the tablet at a very nice viewing angle, even in your lap. Of course the stand resting on your knee is a little obnoxious.

My opinion is that the keyboard is a great addition to a Thrive. Takes the pain out of typing on the tablet.

DirtyRat
    Yea, I hate how they claim these are android keyboards but they have the windows key....lmao....a home and back button would be great instead of a windows key.... but either way, nice deal, I'm actually thinking of buying one for when I'm at work.... it gets quite dusty when we do drywall jobs so I won't have to sacrifice my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard at work anymore if I get this

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    I don't use it.
    FYI, the link is now listed at $10.00 If I didn't already have a keyboard, I'd jump on it.
    Check out my custom ROM: Favum ICS Version 2.0
    If you're feeling generous, I'm taking
    donations.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I picked one of these up a couple months ago, for the price it was hard to pass up . It fits the thrive pretty good and I've never had a problem with it . For typing its great . This one is made out of what they call synthetic leather with what I believe is cardboard in the middle there is no problem with it but I don't think it would handle a lot of abuse.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I got this keyboard a couple of months ago & thought it was a great deal when I paid $13. At $10 I'm thinking about buying a spare. The keyboard works great & it's nice to have the kick stand. I'm very pleased with this purchase.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    Figured i would try it out for $10. Ordered it today.

Rockin' it with my Maxx, iKream and T-Talk
    Happy Thrive user running CM10 Jellybean.

Remove Ads

Ads