• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mrrobc97
  • 1 Post By 3vodroid
  • 1 Post By Horrabin

Thread: A Worthy Item if You're in for the Long Haul

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

A Worthy Item if You're in for the Long Haul

I got a spare battery a few months ago and finally used it this past weekend. Reason? I stepped on my recharger tip and it broke! Do yourself a big and get a a spare! They can be gotten from eBay (~$12 for a lightweight but decent 'generic'thinner, shorterer wires) or from Amazon at $16-20. I got former and its OK. I plan on getting a "b" tip at Radio Shack to repair my OEM unit.

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    I got a spare battery a few months ago and finally used it this past weekend. Reason? I stepped on my recharger tip and it broke! Do yourself a big and get a a spare! They can be gotten from eBay (~$12 for a lightweight but decent 'generic'thinner, shorterer wires) or from Amazon at $16-20. I got former and its OK. I plan on getting a "b" tip at Radio Shack to repair my OEM unit.
    A good thing to get from ebay also is a cheap car charger for the Thrive. I wanted to get a spare battery too but Im not in no hurry. It seems I will never kill my Thrive at home since I have the good habit of plugging it in after I'm done with it and I dont think I ever mess with it long enough to deplete the charge. In the car its a different story. My kids watch dvds I preloaded into my Thrive but thx to the car charger the battery doesn't get drained in the car plus the cheap charger I got has a pretty decent length of cord to move around my Expedition. When we get to our destination they still have a full Thrive to entertain themselves (if our destination is boring for them).
    SteveCampsOut likes this.
    ROM: Favum v2.75 by XM41907
    KERNEL: Melchoir v2.4 ICS by Pio_Masaki
    THEME: Blutiful2ICS by mrrobc97
    (thx 2 T1NK)

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I purchase a spare battery last week and finally today got enough to change batteries. What a job, like to never have gotten the back to release. Thanks to Dave, I used ice cream sticks to help. Then finally got it to unsnap all the way around. Then, ok how to get battery out. :-) I saw the things to release it. But didn't Knowles what they were for. Finally on my phone got on and watched a video on youtube . Then I knew to use the release buttons.
    But the battery was dead, would not turn the thrive on till I plugged in in to charge.

I think I read somewhere to have it charged about 50%, put in zip lock freezer bag and keep in fridge. Is this right?
    Changing out that battery was not fun. I did change to the silver back. Bought it on sale from Toshiba for 1.25.

Probably no one else had this problem. Lol. Never had this problem replacing phone batteries or back. Not something I want to do often.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Removing the back gets easier the more often it's done. The trick (after releasing the lock & removing SD card) is to use the speaker indents for leverage.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I hope so,.......:-) I started at the speaker indents with ice cream sticks. I put it face down on a quilt. So as not to damage screen. Its just hard to get it started. :-\

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    It comes off easily for me. Switched out my back cover twice already and even teared down my Thrive to clean the screen.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zires View Post
    It comes off easily for me. Switched out my back cover twice already and even teared down my Thrive to clean the screen.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm guessing you had some dust behind your glass too? Lol

Sent from my rooted Evo 4G LTE
    zires likes this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3vodroid View Post
    I'm guessing you had some dust behind your glass too? Lol

Yes and it drove me mad. I did the calculations in my head and out of warranty. Tear down!!!

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zires View Post
    Yes and it drove me mad. I did the calculations in my head and out of warranty. Tear down!!!
    Yeah I might be in the same boat pretty soon. That type of thing bothers me to no end. Lol

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Ben's Outlet has the Thrive kit (dock, battery, extra charger, few others) for $30 currently. I ordered it a couple days ago since it's $5 more than a battery alone goes for. The site shows there are some left.
    mewhee likes this.
    Thrive 32 GB
    Dalepl IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

--So easy, a caveman could do it--

Remove Ads

Ads