• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Read the AndroidPolice Review, it seems a bit more unbiased.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't understand the reviewers complaint about viewing angle.. I can hold my thrive to a near 90 degree angle in every direction & still see the screen(?)

And, how the heck did they get Need for Speed Shift running on it? I bought that (on my Atrix phone), but it won't load onto the Thrive 7.. stating incompatibility. Same problem for The Sims 3

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    907 times
    I think the only version of NFS, that works is the one that is purchased thru the demo & the Toshiba App Place. I don't think you can even find in the App Place without the demo.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    I feel like anyone can become a reviewer and writer for tech web sites. Not only are the articles full of spelling and grammatical errors the reviews themselves make no sense. Not everything is trying to be an ipad. Dbags are getting annoying.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgediver View Post
    Read the AndroidPolice Review, it seems a bit more unbiased.

I finally got around to reading that review. I think I had read it before, but yes it does seem more open-minded. I also liked the review at MobileTechReview. They have a summary of the review written out but the full review is a video. Unlike most video reviews I've seen, they put the tablet in a stand so it doesn't go in and out of focus all the time. They also did a head-to-head comparison with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus which I thought was very fair.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by slick204 View Post
    I finally got around to reading that review. I think I had read it before, but yes it does seem more open-minded. I also liked the review at MobileTechReview. They have a summary of the review written out but the full review is a video. Unlike most video reviews I've seen, they put the tablet in a stand so it doesn't go in and out of focus all the time. They also did a head-to-head comparison with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus which I thought was very fair.
    What surprised me was the Android Police review of the 10.1 Thrive was very negative towards the Thrive, basically mostly ripping on its bulk and apparent unsexiness, then they did an about face on this one.

"I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree, I have no idea why the reviews of this device where so blah. I love mine, the 7 inch form factor is perfect for me and it's pretty much the only tablet of this size that has hdmi out which I will use for displaying presentations and product demos. The viewing angles are great and once I turned off autoscreen brightness, and cranked up the brightness the display pops!

Now I just need to get a better screen protector than the Belkin that I cut to size (it's a real fingerprint magnet).

Sent from my AT1S0 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hikescdnrckys; 01-02-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    907 times
    I just wished Toshiba had given us a "saturation" setting for the display (my old Galaxy Tab has one).... I personally think the 7" is over-saturated (though my wife just prefers it) and I think the 10.1" is slightly under-saturated.

Ads