• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ICS installing trouble after DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-Full_Stock_ROM

I had my Thrive .0008 rooted and took a lot of bloat off. I figured that before I install ICS update I use the stock rom to kinda revert it to default settings. Now when I try and update, it crashes about 1/4 the way through. Is there anyway I can fix this? I have all stock according to the rom including stock recovery tool. If a stock ICS rom comes out for the .0008, it would save my life. HELP!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    It all depends on how you went back to stock. If the bloat was not reinstalled, it will fail. You will most likely need to put back CWM and flash either the stock unrooted .0032 ROM and do OTA updates to ICS (which means you can't root). Or flash the rooted ICS ROM.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm using a 7" not a 10". I can't find an older stock rom to restart all the updates. All the bloat is back on and I still can't install.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same problem, was on DaleNet's latest rooted rom for the Thrive 7, flashed this with CWM: DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-Full_Stock_ROM and now errors 1/4 of the way through the ICS install. I've reset to factory defaults a few times and also downloaded the ICS update several times but always fails in the place. At this point it looks to me like the tablet is back to its out of box state but no joy on the ICS update. Not really sure where to go at this point..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    May have to wait until dalepl can give us a rooted 7" ICS ROM.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Had the same issue with ICS after installing Full_Stock_ROM

I had rooted my 7" Thrive and installed the DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-Full_Stock_ROM. ICS bombed out while attempting to update. I ended up unrooting my Thrive using the Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file. After reverting back to stock using the script I was able to upgrade to ICS.

NOW, the only issue I have is that I can literally watch my battery life fade away. ICS is pretty...seems to run a bit faster and smoother than the stock ROM, but I'm wondering if it's really worth it. My battery doesn't seem like it will last more than half a day. I'll have to play around with the settings to see if that may make any changes.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JMeson View Post
    I had rooted my 7" Thrive and installed the DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-Full_Stock_ROM. ICS bombed out while attempting to update. I ended up unrooting my Thrive using the Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file. After reverting back to stock using the script I was able to upgrade to ICS.
    I tried that tonight and fails same place. Also went ahead and rooted with the tool then unrooted and same deal. Guess I'm stuck for now, here's to hopping for a DaleNet ICS rom.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Having the same failure as others in thread. Coming from dalepl's OOM rom and going back to unrooted stock 008 rom and ICS fails to install mid way through.

Tried wiping data/factory reset and same thing.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    I do plan to post a pre-rooted ICS ROM as soon as I have time to get to it. I will also look into why the full stock ROM fails to update. Again, when I can get the time. Please be patient and let everyone of the other Thrive 7" owners know that I will be working on this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I do plan to post a pre-rooted ICS ROM as soon as I have time to get to it. I will also look into why the full stock ROM fails to update. Again, when I can get the time. Please be patient and let everyone of the other Thrive 7" owners know that I will be working on this.
    Thanks a lot. We do appreciated it your work!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads