• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By pio_masaki
  • 1 Post By pio_masaki
  • 1 Post By ttmoo

Thread: [ROM][PORT] "Baby" Favum - a modified stock HC ROM

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

[ROM][PORT] "Baby" Favum - a modified stock HC ROM

First off, props, credit, thanks and thumbs up goes to the original Favum ROM maker, XM41907. You can find the base I worked from here [ROM] Favum be sure to stop by and give it a read and pass him some love!

Features include such goodies as:

Based on DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0003 OOM Rooted ROM
    Based on Honey Baked ROM v1.2
    Based on Smackedup V1.5
    various init.d scripts
    various build.prop tweaks
    Sony Bravia Engine
    1% battery increments with circle icons
    Custom systembar icons and fonts
    Custom lockscreen
    Custom bootanimation (Thank's BND10706)
    Extended Power Control Menu

Change log:
    1.0 - Initial porting, some ram disk changes to get it booting, self built stock HC kernel
    2.0 - Second try at porting, additional changes to some system libs
    2.01 - Attempted to correct rotation issues
    2.02 - Attempted to correct some sound issues
    2.3 - Initial release, rotations and sound issues should all be corrected. Includes system and gpu OC kernel. Some of the original features and tweaks are changed or removed for stability and compatibility with the AT1S0 7" device.

Bugs:
    Being a port from the 10" version there have been quite a few bugs, right now I believe the only major bug is GPS does not appear to function at this point. More will be added as I'm sure users discover them.

Instructions:
    Does NOT wipe your device, you will need to do this yourself!

1. Download the ROM zip to your PC, or if you are on your device, to your EXTERNAL SD CARD. Please don't flash from internal SD.
    2. Boot into recovery via app, or if your ROM supports it, reboot menu, or power off then power on holding volume down and power, then select the recovery box icon.
    3. Varies between recoveries, do a backup however it works in your recovery, most likely CWM. Do a full backup.
    4. Varies between recovery, do a factory reset, wipe the following: system, data, cache, dalvik. Any order is fine.
    5. Install zip from SD card, select the ROM zip you downloaded, and allow it to finish flashing.
    6. Reboot device, allow up to 10 minutes to finish initial boot. Enjoy the boot animation.
    7. Once the device boots and makes it to the welcome/setup screen, leave the device alone for a few minutes, 5-10 will be good, to let the device settle down a bit.
    8. Setup the device as you wish.
    9. If you wish you may now restore apps via Titanium Backup or whatever app you choose. Please don't restore system apps. Please don't restore data if you can help it, but it shouldn't cause any issues.
    10. After you let it sit, setup, restore, reboot the device via the power menu (hold power for a second and select reboot, recovery) allow the device to reboot and sit for another few minutes to settle down again.
    11. Enjoy!

Downloads:
    You can find all downloads for the AT1S0 7" Thrive here Directory listing of http://pio-masaki.com/Thrive/AT1S0. In this case, you're looking for something with baby_favum in the name with higher numbers being newer, ie Baby_Favum_2_3.zip will be older then Baby_Favum_2_4.zip.

Thanks/credits:
    XM41907: Favum name and ROM used as the base for this port, great work!
    timmytim: For the features/parts used from HoneySmacked in Favum
    ttmoo: Got me the 7" "baby" thrive that made this work possible. In honor I dubbed this "Baby" Favum as she is the first I remember seeing refer to the 7" as a baby thrive. She's also been my test bed for my random and sporadic updates and testing and trying to keep up with my off the wall ideas and rants.
    Anyone who likes my ROM and doesn't complain! Ok, well at least anyone who uses it at least once.

Misc. Info
    I started so late on this project that I missed HC entirely, and instead focused all of my energy on Jellybean, in particular on the 10" Thrive, that I felt I needed to come back and give this little guy some love, and take the chance on learning something new, I've never used or modded HC before.

As it's been so long, I'll likely attempt to port the other 10" HC ROMs over so you guys can have a variety to choose from, but I am limited on what I can do and what I can still download to even work with, so if nothing else appears, that's why.
    rosalie and JiveTurkee like this.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    All this applies to people who already rooted, correct?
    Don't people who now have Supreuser have to install SuperSU instead?

4. Varies between recovery, do a factory reset, wipe the following: system, data, cache, dalvik.
    Don't know what "varies between recovery" means
    If Baby_Favum is already in (2.02) which of the wiping must I do?

9. ... Please don't restore data if you can help it, but it shouldn't cause any issues.
    I've been threatened with terrible consequences if Minecraft data is lost. Suggestions?

10. ... (hold power for a second and select reboot, recovery)
    Favum options will be shutdown or reboot or recovery I suppose - so how do we select two options
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmoo View Post
    All this applies to people who already rooted, correct?
    Don't people who now have Supreuser have to install SuperSU instead?
    Nope, BF has it's own root and superuser already, what is currently installed won't affect this ROM as it will be replaced when this is flashed.

Don't know what "varies between recovery" means
    If Baby_Favum is already in (2.02) which of the wiping must I do?
    Varies between recoveries refers to there being more then one kind, CWM and TWRP, depending on which is installed the method is slightly different. I based on CWM as that is the only released recovery available, but is there for if/when TWRP appears.
    Since you're updating from 2.02 you will only need to wipe cache and dalvik, the rest you're fine with, anything needing replaced will be when you flash this.

I've been threatened with terrible consequences if Minecraft data is lost. Suggestions?
    Understandable, there's alot of time invested in that game from what my nephew has shown me. While I suggest to not restore data if possible, I know there are times when its just not feasible, such as games, note apps, other various apps that are one of a kind data, feel 100% free to restore ANY data you wish, just keep in mind if issues arise that restored data CAN be a possible reason. In your case you can "dirty" flash and update from 2.02 as mentioned above, that golden minecraft data should still be safe. I suggest doing backups of your apps first, just to be safe, with titanium backup or whatever method you use.

Favum options will be shutdown or reboot or recovery I suppose - so how do we select two options
    Depending on what you're doing, in the instructions above I refer to booting into recovery, in the case if you are on BF or another ROM that features the advanced power menu (APM if some have seen that mentioned and not knew what it was in other places) you can select reboot. Some will then offer a choice of how to reboot, so it'll be something like Reboot > Reboot, Recovery, Bootloader. In this case you would choose the Recovery option. Some menus will simply have Reboot Recovery right there, in which case you would select that. ROMs without the APM will only offer the option to power off, or shut down. Hope that helps a little. I have to bear in mind that this device has zero development and making assumptions about previous ROMs or other information about it seems to be biting me in the rear.
    rosalie likes this.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    Flawless installation over Favum 2.02. GREAT JOB. Am I imagining it's a tad faster? Maybe cache and dalvik wipe caused it.

I had it easy: all apps and data preserved.
    I tried only few things so far - SMB sharing using Ghost, looking at \etc\gps... through Root explorer, Avast does its job, play MP3 - sound is fine, play MP4 to TV by HDMI - sound is fine, and it's great that my family members no longer stand on their heads. Camera orientation also fixed. Jota editor, Hackers KB, browsers, maps are ok, Weather channel is ok. Kindle reading works.Haven't been in g-play store in ages so no idea what to expect even if I did. The all important Minecraft - awaits expert 10yr old tests - it started but I don't dare to press play.

Quirks -
    yes, GPS still no workie.
    v2.03 zip file was from March, Thrive's About says it's 2.3.
    Transparent slideup/toaster is annoying. Requires rearranging icons so the slideup area is clear underneath.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ttmoo; 06-05-2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: forgot slideup
    rosalie likes this.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Flawless installation over Favum 2.02. GREAT JOB. Am I imagining it's a tad faster? Maybe cache and dalvik wipe caused it.

I had it easy: all apps and data preserved.
    I tried only few things so far - SMB sharing using Ghost, looking at \etc\gps... through Root explorer, Avast does its job, play MP3 - sound is fine, play MP4 to TV by HDMI - sound is fine, and it's great that my family members no longer stand on their heads. Camera orientation also fixed. Jota editor, Hackers KB, browsers, maps are ok, Weather channel is ok. Kindle reading works.Haven't been in g-play store in ages so no idea what to expect even if I did. The all important Minecraft - awaits expert 10yr old tests - it started but I don't dare to press play.

Quirks -
    yes, GPS still no workie.
    v2.03 zip file was from March, Thrive's About says it's 2.3.
    The zip is labeled 2_3 for 2.3, the versions match for the current release, 2.3. I think it's also in the change log, maybe I put 2.03 there.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Ads