• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dalepl

Thread: Screen Protector?

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Screen Protector?

Has anyone found a good screen protector for the Thrive 7"? I tried the Skinomi twice, but ended up with nothing but bubbles, bubbles, bubbles. The reviews of the Zagg for the Thrive 10" on Best Buy report the same issues. (I assume we're not all idiots at installation.) Any better alternatives out there?

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    I just installed a Zagg on mine. It is real easy. You just need to be sure to wet it down real good. I would recommend it to anyone. If you want a guarenteed install, go to a Zagg Kiosk or purchase it from Best Buy and pay them to install it.
    702093 likes this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    As there is a dearth of anything Thrive7 in the UK, I bought a Vega Tablet PC screen protector, made a template and cut it to size for the Thrive7, works great (apart from a tiny speck of dust that crept in on the bottom left hand corner :-).
    But, groan... my son just got back from seeing his gf in NYC and handed me, wait for it... a Thrive7 Skinomi screen protector!! Will wait till my Heath Robinson effort falls apart and then try the Skinomi...

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I put on a Skinomi but ended up with so many bubbles that I couldn't even see the screen, so I took it off. A friend also put a Skinomi on hers and thought it was great, so I decided to give it a second try. I still got many, many bubbles. The little card that comes in the kit to push the bubbles out will scratch the screen protector if you actually push hard enough to move the bubbles. After about a week and a half, some of them are beginning to disappear. I'm waiting to see if the rest go away.
    Toshiba Thrive 7, now on ICS
    BB Torch 9850

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    So, I gather the Skinomi is a dry install. The Zagg is a wet install and very easy to put on as long as you wet the protector and screen down real well. You must make sure to clean the screen real well too. Also make sure you turn the device off before installing the screen protector and I would let it sit for an hour or two after install to let the solvent dry. But otherwise, it is a breeze to put on. If all else fails, let Best Buy install it for a fee. They will guarantee the installation, so if there are any issues, they will get another one and install it.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The Skinomi, at least the ones I've seen, are wet installs. I have one on my BB, which went on without a hitch.

Best Buy doesn't sell Zaggs for the Thrive 7 here.
    Toshiba Thrive 7, now on ICS
    BB Torch 9850

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    You can order it through the online store. They should still honor the install since you bought it from Best Buy. Just take the unopened Zagg and the receipt.
    My Development

Remove Ads

Ads