• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times

MiniSuit case for 7" Thrive

Amazon.com: MiniSuit Toshiba Thrive 7" 2-in-1 PU Leather Case and Cover (Black): Computers & Accessories
    is fabulous. Don't believe the description about a rubber band holding it closed nor about white stiching thread.
    Strong. Nice, tight fit, no velcros. Perfectly aligned cutouts. Two little magnets hold it closed.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    I've had my eye on this case since I had my 7" Thrive and after reading your review and watching the prices fall to clearance levels, I ordered one yesterday. It appears to be like the one I got for my 10", which I like a lot. Much better than that bulky case made by Toshiba and better built than the one from RooCase.
    But, I have to ask, why do we need a case for our Thrives? The backs are practically scratch proof and if you add a screen protector to the front, as one should, what protection does a case offer? The only reason to have a case, that I can think of is, to use it as a stand. Even then, you can only use in landscape mode unless you get one of those swivel ones, which adds more bulk to a tablet that was designed to be held in your hand.
    Anyway, I ordered the case and I'll try it out. Eight bucks with free shipping ain't bad.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    No, we don't need it.
    But I think of it as being in the category of fire insurance, antivirus, seatbelts, a spare key ... not needed 'till it is
    Two other reasons for me: it may meet hostile objects in my bag - rock collections, Legos, hard sea shells and similar monsters, and having something to grab on while the screen is still on, without triggering google search or some other shortcut. Finally, a stylus if its clasp fits in tight spaces.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    I agree, it's best use would be for traveling. I probably won't use it around the house, but, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Remove Ads

Ads